How to Break PST File Passwords or Unlock PST Files
MS Outlook is the world's most popular email client program used to manage the Exchange emails that improve business performance. MS Outlook stores its email files in a PST file format, and this file must remain secure so no third party can access it without permission. The best technique for securing this file is to protect it with a password. However, what happens if the user forgets the password? In this article, we will examine two methods to break the PST file password if the user forgets the password:
- MS Outlook Method
- Third-Party Software Method
Method 1: MS Outlook
- Open MS Outlook.
- Click on the File menu.
- Click on Account Settings (see Figure 1).
- From the open dialog box, click on Data Files.
- Select the PST file for which you want to break the password (see Figure 2).
- Click on Setting.
- In the open dialog box, click on Change Password (see Figure 3).
- Fill the fields. Note: No need to fill the old password field.
- A dialog box will appear with confirmation of the password change.
Method 2: Third-Party Software
Here, I will explain how to use the best PST Password Remover software named MailsDaddy PST Password Remover.
- Download the software from https://www.mailsdaddy.com/pst-password-remover.
- Install the software, then run it.
- Once the program opened, click on the Browse button, and select the desired password-protected PST file for which you need to remove the password (see Figure 4).
- Click on the Select Destination button to save the PST file.
- Click on the Remove button to remove the pre-applied password, which you have already forgotten.
- A dialog box with confirmation of password removal will open.
- Press OK and access your password-free PST file.
Note: With this software, you can also protect an unsecured PST file by applying a password to it. For this, you should follow these simple steps:
- Open your "MailsDaddy" software.
- Click on the Browse button to select the password-protected PST file.
- Click on the Select Destination button to save the password-protected PST file.
- Click on the Reset Password button to change the password.
- Fill in the new password and confirm the password field.
- A confirmation dialog box will open after resetting the password successfully.
- Press OK and access your password-protected PST file.
- Processor: 2.4Gz Processor.
- RAM: 1GB RAM.
- Disk Space: 34 MB
- Outlook Support: MS Outlook 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and later versions
- Operating system: Windows 10, 8, 7, 2003, 2000, XP, and Vista
In this article, I have explained how to break PST file passwords and unlock PST files. Using these methods, the user can change a PST file password or remove it and reset the Outlook data file's password. The third-party software, "MailsDaddy PST Password Remover," is the best method to use because it is simple, trustworthy, and time-saving software. It is also available in a demo version that has some restrictions.