MS Outlook is the world’s largest email client server to operate the Exchange server emails that help to run a business without difficulties. Everyone wants a fully secure data file that can’t be accessed by any third party without permission. To secure the file, they apply password protection to it.In the case of PST files, a PST file is a very important file for a mail client user, so it must be password-protected. But when we forget the password, it becomes useless and inaccessible. To avoid this situation, the user should use one of these methods to break the password of a PST file to access the PST file:
- Manual Method
- MS Outlook Method
- Third-Party Software Method
Method 1: Manual
A user can break a password manually and unlock the file, but this method is lengthy and tough. This method works only in MS Outlook 2002 and earlier editions. Here, I am going to provide the procedure to break the password of a PST file.
- Firstly, close MS Outlook.
- Run “scanpst.exe” and choose Repair.
- Open the command prompt (Press Window key + R key and type CMD) and type or paste the path to pst19upg and your PST file name.
- Copy the PST file path in the Command prompt.
- This will create a duplicate copy of the PST file named yourfilename.psx. Note: yourfilename.psx name must be the same as the original PST file name.
- After completing the process, rename the original file name as the old PST file.
- Open the Command prompt and type pst19upg.exe-newfilename.psx and press Enter.
- This process creates a password-free PST file from the Outlook Data File.
- Run Scanpst.exe and repair the new file.
- Open MS Outlook and check the new password-free PST file.
Method 2: MS Outlook
- Open MS Outlook.
- Click on the Tool tab.
- Click on Account Settings.
- From the open dialog box, click on Data File.
- Select the PST file for which you want to break the password.
- Click on setting.
- In the open dialog box, click on change password.
- Fill the fields. Note: No need to fill the old password field.
- A dialog box will appear with confirmation of the password change.
Method 3: Third-Party Software
Here, I am going to explain how to use the best PST Password Remover
software named MailsDaddy PST Password Remover.
- Download the software from the given link.
- Install the software.
- Run it.
- Open MailsDaddy PST Password Remover software.
- Click on the Browse button.
- Select the desired password-protected PST file for which you need to remove the password.
- Click on the select destination button to save the PST file.
- Click on the Remove button to remove the pre-applied password, which you have already forgotten.
- A dialog box with confirmation of password removal will open.
- Press OK and access your password-free PST file.
: With this software, you can also protect an unsecured PST file by applying a password to it. For this, you should follow these simple steps:
- Open your MailsDaddy software.
- Click on the browse button to select the password-protected PST file.
- Click on the Select Destination button to save the password-protected PST file.
- Click on the Reset Password button to change the password.
- Fill the new password and confirm the password field.
- A confirmation dialog box will open after resetting the password successfully.
- Press OK and access your password-protected PST file.
- Processor: 2.4Gz Processor.
- RAM: 1GB RAM.
- Disk Space: 34 MB
- Outlook Support: MS Outlook 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and later versions
- Operating system: Windows 10, 8, 7, 2003, 2000, XP, and Vista
In this article, I explained how to break PST file passwords and unlock PST files. Using these methods, the user can change a PST file password or remove it and also reset the password of an Outlook data file. The third-party software, MailsDaddy PST Password Remover, is the best method to use because it is simple, trustworthy, and time-saving software. It is also available in a demo version that has some restrictions. To download this software, please visit https://www.mailsdaddy.com/pst-password-remover/