Ready to Start Your Career?
April 23, 2018
2 Solutions for Exporting Mac Mail to Outlook
April 23, 2018
How to Export Mac Mail to Outlook for Windows Users:In this article, you will learn two different methods of exporting Mac mail to Outlook 2016 or earlier versions (2013, 2010, 2007 or 2003) by creating IMAP accounts and by converting the AppleMail (MBOX) file to Outlook supported PST file.If you are a Mac user, you must be using AppleMail as your email client. However, there may be a chance that you switch from AppleMail client to Windows Outlook. There could be many reasons: One of them could be the case where you switch from macOS to Windows OS. In this case, you also need to migrate mailbox data from Mac Mail to Windows Outlook.Migrating data between two different email clients isn’t always easy, especially, when the two different mail clients run on different Operating systems and store data in completely different formats. Likewise, AppleMail saves emails in MBOX format which MS Outlook does not support. But there are manual as well as software-based solutions to export the Apple Mail data to Outlook on Windows.
Solution 1: Import Mac Mail to Outlook - Manual:This method is little technical and requires some technical knowledge. Follow the steps below to perform the migration of Apple Mail emails into Outlook PST mailbox directly.
- Change IMAP settings of your Gmail account.
- Next, configure an IMAP Gmail in both Apple Mail as well Microsoft Outlook.
- Create a new folder or label in Gmail account and then access your Gmail through Apple Mail client. Now, move all AppleMail items into the folder/label you created earlier in Gmail.
- After you move all items into the Gmail folder, access your same Gmail account from Outlook. You will get instant access to your Mac Mail items in MS Outlook.
Drawbacks of using Manual Solution:
- Requires some technical knowledge to setup IMAP accounts in AppleMail and Outlook or to enable IMAP settings in Gmail.
- Chances of email headers or attachments getting affected or lost.
- This process is very lengthy.
Solution 2: Using Apple Mail to Outlook PST Converter toolIf the above solution doesn’t work, then the only way left is to convert the Apple Mail (MBOX) file to Outlook supported PST file format using an advanced tool. Follow these steps to convert AppleMail (MBOX) file to Outlook PST successfully:
- First, download and install the Stellar MBOX to PST Converter software.
- Next, launch the software. ‘Select Mail client to be Converted’ dialog box appears.
- Click on the AppleMail icon. The ‘Select File/Folder’ dialog box opens, Click Select File or ‘Select Identity Folder’ (as per your requirement) to locate the mbox file or folder.
- Click ‘Convert’ button to start scanning and conversion process.
- After scan and conversion process is finished, a pop up appears, click ‘OK’ to close it. You can preview emails with attachments before exporting them to Outlook PST file.
- Next, from the toolbar menu, click ‘Save Converted Mailbox.’ This will open a ‘Save File Option’ dialog box.
- In ‘Save File Option’ dialog box, choose the ‘PST’ format and click ‘OK.’
- Click on ‘Browse’ button to choose the location where you want to save the converted Outlook PST file. Click ‘OK’ to export the Outlook PST file at your desired location.