Export Apple Mail to Windows Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003
The MAC OS running the OS X 10.0 or later versions has Apple Mail as an email client by default. This has a lot of features which can be advantageous to the users. This is naturally preferred by the Mac users, but there might be various reasons prompting a user to transfer or export Apple Mail to Windows Outlook. And hence, the need to adopt MS Outlook as their default email client will also increase.
Manual Method to Export Apple Mail to Windows Outlook
There is no direct method to Import Apple Mail MBOX to Outlook on Windows for a simple reason that Apple Mail stores all the data items in MBOX format. Whereas Windows Outlook stores it in PST file format. Also, Outlook doesn’t support direct integration of MBOX formatted emails in its application. Therefore, mediators like Eudora and Outlook Express are needed for the creation of Mac Mail to Outlook PST files respectively, and then the created PST files can be readily imported into Outlook.Step 1: Import Mac Mail MBOX to Outlook
A user can convert Apple Mail mailbox to Outlook 2016, 2013, or 2010 on Windows with this manual method described below.
- Open Apple Mail on your Mac device
- Click on File > Import mailboxes
- In the ‘Import Data from:’ list select ‘Files in .mbox format’ and click on Continue
- Browse to the location where the MBOX files are situated and click on them to select and press the Continue button
- When the process gets completed, click on Done
Install Eudora application in Windows to create Mac Mail to Outlook PST file format. The MBOX files cannot be directly converted to PST files in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 versions.
- Change the extension of the imported file to .mbx, for example, xyz to xyz.mbx
- Then this file is to be moved to the directory in which all the Eudora files are stored by default and this directory usually is:
C: Documents and SettingsApplication DataQualcommEudora
- Open your Eudora application, double click on the file, and then close the application. This way, the file gets created
- Now this created file can used to convert or export Apple mail to Windows Outlook 2016 and all other below versions easily
- Open Outlook Express
- Go to File ->Import -> Messages
- From the list of email applications, select Eudora and click on the Next button
- Browse till you get to the xyz.mbx file and select it. Click on OK button
- Click Next and Next till you get to the Finish button and click finish
- Launch Windows Outlook
- Go to File -> Open tab
- From among the list, choose Import -> Import and Export
- The Import and Export wizard is launched
- Select Import Internet Mail and Addresses and click the Next button
- The option Outlook Express 6.x, 5.x, 4.x or Window Mail is to be selected
- Check the Import mail box if not checked and click the Next button
The process is complete and the imported folder can now be accessed in Windows MS Outlook.
Manual Approach has Its Own Drawbacks
The manual approach to transfer or export Apple Mail to Windows Outlook has its own drawbacks which can be amply concluded by the above described steps. The process is too lengthy and it takes efforts from the user to convert the MBOX files to Windows Outlook 2016, 2010, 2007, 2003 etc. Also, the process does not ensure that the task is completed without any loss of data or that the data integrity will be maintained. Keeping these pitfalls in mind, it is better that the user search for some alternate means for the conversion process.
Automated Approach to Migrate Apple Mail to Outlook
When the user has to have some other ways to resolve the conversion issues, the automated tool is the best solution to opt for. The MBOX to Outlook Converter developed by a team of experts does this work efficiently and instantly. This is definitely a utility to rely upon due to its myriad of features like the preview of scanned files and folders and its selective conversion etc. Moreover, the professional tool has no limit set on the file size, and the user has the option to split the resultant PST file by size in GB or MB as per his / her convenience.
To convert or export Apple Mail to Windows Outlook using the manual method is no mean feat considering the length of the procedure. Hence, it is recommended to the user to opt for some other better mean like going in for the automated approach. Which will drastically reduce the complications arising out of the manual method to transfer Mac mail to Outlook PST.