Enterprise Cloud Security: Never Ever Neglect It
In order to gain a competitive advantage, organizations are adopting cloud computing technology. They are benefiting themselves with the speed and agility of usage-based, exceptional cost-effectiveness and on-demand resources. Enterprise cloud security is still one of the core business concerns for many users around the world. The security is 50% in the hands of cloud service providers (CSPs), and the remaining 50% is in the hands of enterprises. Cloud service providers do their best to keep information safe on the cloud, but things never finish there. Organizations have to take responsibility for keeping cloud security in order to lower the chances of data breaches.
At the time of defining official policies based on cloud computing, the major dilemma is that clients have different perspectives related to this new IT trend. Well, keeping all thoughts aside, one needs to focus on enterprise cloud security. This blog will help business clients in centering on the same by defining three major areas where online data protection is mandatory. They are also going to find measures to lock the enterprise cloud computing data with zero risk of information leakage.
Three Major Areas of Enterprise Cloud Security
Regardless of what individuals or groups think about online technology, it is a core necessity to design a strategy and policy list for the use of cloud storage. Organizations need to concentrate on three basic areas that are directly related to cloud protection.
- Multitenancy: The term ‘multitenancy’ means an architecture in which an individual software instance executes on the server and functions for several tenants, sharing unique access. In a firm, this type of software needs to be programmed to share a common space among several employees. This application should provide limited, flexible access to the resources and services. Enterprise cloud security becomes a major concern when data gets out of physical control. Well, there are 38% of companies that use private clouds because they believe that it is more secure than public. One of the cloud experts stated that ‘there is no correlation between the degree of multitenancy and security failure.’ Therefore, in the era of 2018, experts recommend using the hybrid cloud computing concept.
- Virtualization: Different patching processes and vulnerability management is needed for virtualization in cloud storage. Different products are needed in a company to handle the virtual machines in a secure manner. However, there is a limitation with this virtualization concept: it does not provide any physical notifications for safety. It is because of the dynamic, distributed, and complex nature of virtualization.
- SaaS: An updated and advanced level of enterprise security and control is provided by SaaS applications. In the majority of cases, these SaaS products are more under the control of the end users, offering minimal transparency with no customization. At least 200 to 1,000 SaaS applications are owned by large enterprises to add more complexity to the work.
Security Tips to Lock Cloud Data
- Stay Up to Date With Security Policies – Many organizational customers are still in doubt regarding information security, even after adopting the cloud services. Their fear is not limited to the lesser or smaller-known CSPs, but they have also been concerned about AWS since its inception. The current incidence of NSA’s PRISM scandal made enterprise cloud security a big worry. A team of experts says that this incident gives a reason to enhance the security policy. With the arrival of new things, challenges are also increasing. So, stay up to date with them and enhance your existing security without affecting ongoing work.
- Different Cloud Security Practices – It is a challenging task for organizations to secure cloud information with the use of BYOD and an open-source cloud. The addition of tools and services like User Authentication as a service provides relief to CSPs who are concerned about an organization’s security. So, it is compulsory to have knowledge about new concepts for online data protection. Not only this, but it should be the responsibility of enterprises to train their employees on cloud safety measures as well.
- Align Cloud Security and Compliance – Organizations should align guidelines for cloud compliance. Companies that work in financial, government, and healthcare fields need to pay proper attention by timely altering the design of IT security patterns. At least once a month, one can change the passwords of their accounts.
CloudCodes: The Trusted Choice of Many Enterprises
These things look easy in writing, but when it comes to implementation, they require lots of hurdles to be crossed. All the enterprise security measures are simple and easy to understand, but a team is required to practically work on it. Don’t worry; here comes a solution to troubleshoot your problems: CloudCodes. This is a CASB Cloud Service Provider who renders a virtual environment to secure online information for business clients. Firms only need to mention their demands, and the rest of the activities will be done with this solution. It will become easier to manage enterprise cloud security along with business growth after the adoption of CloudCodes.