The Best Way To Prepare For A CCNA Certification Exam
The CCNA is regarded as one of the most sought-after certifications in the IT industry for no simple reason. It is required to earn some of the higher level certifications like CCNP. This certification is highly valuable for candidates who are eager to enhance their career with better jobs and higher salary packages.
The CCNA certification is a certification which requires a lot of hard work to pass. It asks for the right way of preparation and focus. But, cracking it is definitely not impossible. Here are some tips to help you prepare for the exam in the most efficient way.
How to prepare for CCNA certification exam?
- A plan for preparation: The first step is to make a plan for your individual study. The certification has a proper syllabus and you have to cover all the topics before the exam. Make a print of this and plan your individual course of study based on it. Limit your studies to whatever is there in the syllabus. Do not waste time on the extra information.
- Find out your weakness: Try to understand what your weak point is. You may take a practice test to identify this. Focus on those areas that you are not good at. Have an aim to get a proper understanding of the topics you have trouble with. In the meantime, don’t forget to give importance to your strengths too. There are more chances of passing the exam if you turn your weaknesses into strengths.
- Allow time for study: Time management is required when you prepare for the exam and when you take it. Your study should be consistent for you to remember all that you learned. Keep aside a regular study time and stick to it every day. You might find it difficult to do this at times. But, remember that the prerequisite to pass any exam is consistent study and practice. Also, try to avoid any distraction at this time.
- Every detail is important: Simply learning the theory given in the syllabus does not help you in the exam. To get a good score, you may understand how things are done in Cisco. It is mostly seen that how Cisco works is different from the general working of networks. So, understand the procedures used in the Cisco environment to implement the networking technologies.
- Access Cisco equipment: When you take the CCNA training, understand that the exam consists of tasks done on simulated routers and switches. So, it is vital to get enough practice on Cisco equipment so that you can implement what you learn in the real environment. You can access simulators where you can configure virtual switches and routers. There are free open-source tools that give a simulated Cisco environment to work with.
- Keep practicing: Once the environment is setup, make sure that you practice enough to be thorough with the learning. You may practice every configuration possible so that you are confident to face the exam. Just learning the topics by heart does not work for this certification. Theory and practice are two different things and whatever is written in books need not give you the correct results when you try it out. When you do practical work, you discover a lot of things for yourselves which no book can offer.
The bottom line is to give your 100 percent in the preparation for the exam. There are a lot of theoretical concepts to grasp and even more practical lessons to be learned. Give equal importance to both and divide your time so as to ensure an optimum study method.