Basic DHCP Configuration
Steps needed to deploy DHCP
- Define which addresses are going to be excluded.
- Statically configure addresses on Servers and to any device that needs a specific IP address.
- Configure your Router as DHCP relay if a DHCP Server is used or enable the DHCP Service on your router to act as a DHCP Server.
Configuring a DHCP Relay Agent
In case your network has a dedicated platform that provides DHCP services , you should configure on the interface that is the default gateway the command : ip helper-address addressIf your DHCP Server has the 192.168.33.1 address then you should type:Router(config-if)# ip helper-address 192.168.33.1
Configuring a DHCP Server on a Cisco Router
- addresses 10.1.1.1 - .9 are not assigned to hosts
- The network range is 10.1.1.0 /24
- The Gateway is 10.1.1.1
- DNS server is 184.108.40.206
Do you like to write about your infosec knowledge, skills, opinions, or exploits?
Publish your original research, tutorials, articles, or other written content on Cybray's blog to be seen by thousands of infosec readers daily!