This lesson focuses on Quantitative Risk Analysis which examines the following:
- Asset value
- Probability ARO (Annual rate of occurrence)
- Impact EF (exposure factor)
- Single Loss Expectancy (SLE) AV*EF= SLE
- Annual Loss Expectancy (ALE): SLE*ARO=SLE
- Cost of control
- Cost/benefit analysis
This lesson also discusses risk determination which must take into account the following: - Evaluating magnitude of impact
- Evaluating likelihood of threat
It is important to remember that you cannot eliminate all risks. You can reduce and mitigate but elimination just isn't possible.
In our online CompTIA CASP training, you will learn how to integrate advanced authentication, how to manage risk in the enterprise, how to conduct vulnerability assessments and how to analyze network security concepts and components.