Did you know Cybrary has FREE video training? Join more than 2,500,000 IT and cyber security professionals, students, career changers, and more, growing their careers on Cybrary.
This lesson focuses on Quantitative Risk Analysis which examines the following:
- Asset value
- Probability ARO (Annual rate of occurrence)
- Impact EF (exposure factor)
- Single Loss Expectancy (SLE) AV*EF= SLE
- Annual Loss Expectancy (ALE): SLE*ARO=SLE
- Cost of control
- Cost/benefit analysis
This lesson also discusses risk determination which must take into account the following: - Evaluating magnitude of impact
- Evaluating likelihood of threat
It is important to remember that you cannot eliminate all risks. You can reduce and mitigate but elimination just isn't possible.