In this video we discuss the various types of evidence. The key point to remember is that not all evidence is equal! Types of evidence:
- Direct Evidence - can prove a fact on its own. Typically eyewitness testimony that relies on the five senses.
- Real Evidence - physical evidence. Typically the objects themselves used in the commission of a crime. The smoking gun!
- Best Evidence - most reliable form of evidence such as a signed, original contract.
- Secondary Evidence - expert witness testimony such as from a forensics expert. This type of evidence is unable to stand on its own in a court of law.
- Corroborative Evidence - supporting evidence.
- Circumstantial Evidence - proves or suggests another type of evidence.
- Hearsay - usually not admissible such as copies of contracts or presentation-based evidence such as photos, maps, or x-rays.
We also discuss the role of law enforcement and the scope of the Fourth Amendment which protects against unlawful search and seizure. Issues regarding enticement and entrapment the important differences are also covered.
ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
This online course will guide you through the contents of the CCSP certification exam. Obtaining your CCSP certification shows that you are a competent, knowledgeable, cloud security specialist who has hands-on experience in the field.