Did you know Cybrary has FREE video training? Join more than 2,500,000 IT and cyber security professionals, students, career changers, and more, growing their careers on Cybrary.
In this final module of the CCSP course we examine security incidents in the cloud along with forensics investigation process. We start off things discussing Incident Response. There are three elements related to incident response:
- Events - observable change in state. These are things we need to monitor.
- Alerts - warnings and triggers that set off alarms indicating urgent attention is required.
- Incident - multiple negative events that add up to an incident.
We then discuss the various types of incidents: - Dos and DDoS attacks threatening system availability
- Malicious code in the form of viruses, worms, logic bombs, etc.
- Unauthorized access
- Inappropriate usage and violation of acceptable use policy