Did you know Cybrary has FREE video training? Join more than 2,500,000 IT and cyber security professionals, students, career changers, and more, growing their careers on Cybrary.
In this lesson, Subject Matter Expert Dean Pompilio introduces Social Engineering tools such as Google hacking. Google hacking techniques allow you to narrow search results considerably to give answers more quickly and to reduce noise and narrow results when performing a search. Can also use these tools on other search engines. You will learn about:
- using special syntax to narrow your search results
- using the link command to return pages that link to a specified URL
- cache searching for deleted pages
- using archive.org (the "wayback machine")
- finding related links using operators
- using search texts to find what you are looking for
SME Pompilio also discusses valuable resources to use: 1) the dorks section of www.exploitdb.com and 2) hackersforcharity.org, the Google hacking database. The next three lessons will present overview demonstrations of using Google hacking to save time; Maltego, which allows you to gather information about an organization and then make connections between those pieces of information; and the Recon-NG framework.