Writing NotesCyber Management

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Cyber Management Writing Notes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chin_Diesel 4 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

vazku
    Participant

Hi, I’ll shortly be commencing my journey into Cyber Security. I’m looking forward it, however, I have a few questions.

Question 1: Should I make notes? I don’t intend for this course that I’m about to embark on be a course that is forced upon me, like in school. Therefore, what I mean is, I don’t want to make loads of notes and just read reread them a lot one day and forget the majority of the notes the next day. With that being said, I don’t want to forget everything that I’ve learned aswell. So the question is actually, is it possible to learn everything from the beginner to advanced just by watching videos and reading books about the topics? I would like to thoroughly understand everything.

Question 2: I’ve skimmed through the topics and coding is not started until advanced. I’ve been told coding is a basic fundamental skill, should I begin learning it earlier?

Please forgive my poor English and any typos you might see.

vazku
    Participant

Thanks everyone

Chin_Diesel

Take notes if you feel you need to take them. I tend to learn best by doing, so when I would study for a Microsoft exam, I would get the official press book, build out a lab, and follow each step shown in the book in my lab environment. Some people commit things to memory better by just writing out notes, so really, it depends on your learning style and how it works for you. Don’t concern yourself with how it works for others, unless you see them doing something in a way that helps you out.

As for coding, Im also not fully talented in that area, but Ive messed with enough things to be able to at least interpret a lot of it. Dont put off learning coding until later, but unless you feel the urge, I wouldn’t push other things aside in an effort to learn it. Everyone should have a fundamental idea of how programming works, especially if you plan on being a pentester. Above all else, try to grab the skills that will help you out the most in your career field. Everything is related in a way, so as you learn networking or security practices, you will enhance your other skills, like securing servers or endpoint devices.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel