Windows XP VM ImageAdvanced Penetration Testing Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses Advanced Penetration Testing Course Windows XP VM Image

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anorexia 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

gabrielice
    Participant

I apologize if I’ve overlooked something obvious, but where do we obtain the image for the Windows XP VM used in the class?

anorexia
    Participant

I would tell you, get a windows XP, and install it. The problem is with the licencing. Once you installed an XP, you have 60 days to use it. After that time it is not allowed to login without an activation code.

So maybe you can download an image, but you need a licence key, so you are not further. BUT!! If you have a win XP CD(or an iso image), and an installation code, it will work(If the regional settings or other stuff is different, your code will not work).

Unfortunately, that licencing is not user friendly 🙁

After couple of minutes googling:
    IMAG?E

Hope it can help you!

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  anorexia.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Cybrary On The Go

Get the Cybrary app for Android for online and offline viewing of our lessons.

Get it on Google Play

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel