Windows 7 labsMetasploit

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses Metasploit Windows 7 labs

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cybermo 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tjabbe
    Participant

So far great course, but I am a little puzzled why half way through the Metasploit modules the target becomes Windows 7 which is not readily available for download unlike Linux. The first half allowed the course attendee to actually run and execute the labs, but unless you have a Windows 7 image lying around somewhere, the second half of the course does not allow for interactive participation.

Paul Rouk
    Participant

Actually, Microsoft has virtual machines which you can download and run for Windows 7, 8, & 10. These are intended for developers who need to test their sites on different versions of Microsoft Explorer & Edge, but they work equally well if you need a target for pen testing. They are time limited, but you can always reset it when the trial period expires.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/

tjabbe
    Participant

Thanks for response Paul, must have missed that in the course material.

Paul Rouk
    Participant

I haven’t taken the Metasploit class yet, so I don’t know if that is mentioned in class. I ran across the Microsoft downloads separately while looking for pen testing targets.

cybermo
    Participant

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel