Why Not LinkedIn?The Break Room

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums The Break Room Why Not LinkedIn?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Otiose 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

sonso
    Participant

Just wondering why LinkedIn isn’t one of the available “share” links on the Course Video Page?

ie: On each of the course video pages there are social media sharing buttons, click them!
    Facebook share.
    Tweet #cybrary on twitter.
    Earn ONE Cybyte for each share/tweet (daily limit is two Cybytes for each social website).

Impact
    Participant

Shadow
    Participant

I dont think theres a place to do that on linkedin ?

sonso
    Participant

I think it works like the others pretty much, shadow… newer, so it may not be in every social sharing tool, but, unless its changed this script will add an individual button:

<script type=”text/javascript” src=”//platform.linkedin.com/in.js”></script><script type=”in/share” data-counter=”top”></script>

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  sonso.

Bswift2719
    Participant

isn’t linkedin mostly for ITT Tech students and graduates?

cisatrainee1
    Participant

Linkedin is generally used by people of all business professions….

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  cisatrainee1.

delmark
    Participant

It doesn’t matter, i can’t even receive cybytes when sharing on social media.

sonso
    Participant

Sometimes it seems to be finicky on mine as well-but if its anything like the Email Invites… its on a timed schedule, ie: Its now after Midnight, meaning a new day- but, it wont allow me to invite anyone yet, ( maybe because it hasn’t been 24 hours since I last did it precisely? ) so I have to try again a little later.. seeing I’m not sure what time I actually did it last night. I haven’t tried to figure the whole social network thing out yet… I have noticed it tends to give only one Cybyte for my tweeting, and or sharing, depending on which I do first, and not the other, and as far as the second “per” share? Not seen that happen either..?

( UPDATE delmark ) An hour an 10 minutes after tweeting once, and getting 1 Cybyte, and Sharing Facebook once, and NOT getting a Cybyte, I tried Tweeting again and received the second Cybyte… but not for Facebook… I never liked FAKEbook anyway.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  sonso.

delmark
    Participant

Cybrary is buggy, I am still not getting my cybytes these past days. I reviewed my logs already, i just got my cybytes through friends invite, login, and posting on forum. Maybe they should come up for a better system or fix bugs.

I noticed that tweeting with #cybrary works instead of #Cybrary in which the casing maybe an issue? the #Cybrary comes with the video tutorial share.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  delmark.

orldiaz
    Participant

Using adblock? That messes up sharing on sites.

Otiose
    Participant
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel