Where is the syllabus that Mr Oyeleke refers to?CompTIA Security+ Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses CompTIA Security+ Course Where is the syllabus that Mr Oyeleke refers to?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  quakeer 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

gypsykendall
    Participant

I’ve looked everywhere but don’t see it. I have the COMPTIA Security+ book, and his presentations don’t exactly match the table of contents. Does anyone know what/where is the syllabus he refers to?

Major_Jeneral
    Participant

Yes that is correct . The table of contents in the textbook and the videos do not match. I have watched the videos and penned down terms which I have in turn checked under index or table of contents for more explanation.
    Or You can just follow the textbook but that will take more time than if you watch the videos which is quite explanatory.

Is this the textbook(CompTIA Security+ Study Guide: SY0-401, 6th Edition) you have.

gypsykendall
    Participant

yes it is. Thank you for your reply. I like the videos.

Major_Jeneral
    Participant

@gypsykendall If you look at the Introduction page of the CompTIA Security+ Study Guide: SY0-401, 6th Edition Textbook. You are going to see the syllabus(Exam Objectives) Mr oyeleke followed to give the lectures.

Each of the following is defined with the various chapters they cover e.g Network security entails part of Ch 3, Ch 4 Ch 5 and Ch 6.

Domain % of Exam
    1.0 Network Security
    2.0 Compliance and Operational Security
    3.0 Threats and Vulnerabilities
    4.0 Application, Data and Host Security
    5.0 Access Control and Identity Management
    6.0 Cryptography

gypsykendall
    Participant

alright then. Thank you.

gypsykendall
    Participant

CompTIA Security+ Study Guide: SY0-401 6th Edition (SYBEX) is not what I have. I CompTIA Security+ Exam SYO-401 (4th edition, McGraw). I think you were referencing the SYBEX publication and it doesn’t match exactly his topics either.

quakeer
    Participant

I assume you won’t be looking for it anymore, but I think it is the Certification Exam Objectives: SY0-401 syllabus he is referring to, I found it here : https://www.comptia.jp/pdf/comptia-security-sy0-401.pdf

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel