What did you learn today?The Break Room

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums The Break Room What did you learn today?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2,450 replies, has 982 voices, and was last updated by Profile image for mobbldesigns mobbldesigns 4 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 2,451 total)
  • Author
    Profile image for abrasevo
    abrasevo
    Participant

Wanted to make a thread for folks to share what you’re learning either from Cybrary courses or outside experiments. If you find something fascinating share it, if you just want a quick clarification (that may not warrant its own thread) share that too. If you’ve got a project you’re working on that has absolutely nothing to do with IT at all, what the heck, share that as well.

Profile image for trevorh
    TREVORH
    Keymaster

I’m reading about NIST SP 800-171: Protecting Controlled UnclassifiedInformation in Nonfederal Information Systems and Organizations

http://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-171.pdf

abrasevo
    Participant

I’m digging deeper into NMAP, it’s something I’ve used for a few years now but have gotten to where I only use a couple scans. NMAP is really powerful and I felt it deserved some brush up.

On piece that I had forgotten was performing a ping scan (ICMP host discovery) when the target network blocks echo requests (ICMP code 8) can still be accomplished using ICMP codes 13, or 15. These are time stamp requests and netmask request codes and NMAP can use this to bypass firewall which block echo request with the -PP -PM (respectively) switches.

Profile image for therapture
    The Rapture
    Participant

That’s good information to know @abrasevo . I will have to remember that for when I encounter it.

I scheduled my Sec+ (finally) yesterday, and so I will be taking that on the 29th. Then after that I will be studying for the CEH (Again). I missed the CEH by 6% a few months ago, and I suspected that it was because I didn’t really have a good networking foundation. I got my Network+ and have been just reviewing for the Sec+ now for a while. I feel like 3 certs 3 months apart is a pretty ambitious endeavor, but one I am excited to work towards.

Profile image for mjfinklestein
    mjf1nk
    Participant

Finished up the Security+ courses.

Great article about microservices software architecture
    http://martinfowler.com/articles/microservices.html

Profile image for djax120
    Mr_6L@$$
    Participant

Working on my CCFP certification

abrasevo
    Participant

@elementhttp I’ve seen these applications a lot lately and they’re definitely popping up more an more. It seems almost like a front end application of OOP in a way. I didn’t realize this was becoming it’s own programming paradigm. This could potentially change the way future enterprise software is developed by using a single container and just customizing the internal apps associated by job duties and as duties change only a light application change is necessary rather than a software overhaul. Great article and thanks for sharing!

Profile image for usman47
    usman47
    Participant

Watching Security+ Videos

Profile image for opsecj
    OPsecJ
    Participant

COBIT basics

Profile image for zayud05
    zayud05
    Participant

ruby programming at udemy

Profile image for fucking99sons
    fucking99@sons
    Participant

Learned about the NAS, SAN, DAS in cloud+,,,,,
    explained in detail by Justin and also learned about many communication protocols and channels….
    Thanx Cyberary.it because these things are hard to find in detail on many websites,,,,even wikipedia also doesn’t have this ability….

Profile image for silentkiller
    silentkiller
    Participant

Going through the security+ course, can’t wait to start the pen testing course. Got into cyber-security 9 months back and now I’m in love with it, the unquenchable thirst for knowledge in this field drives me to eat sleep and breathe security.
    Thanks to CYBRARY, its team and all its helpful members for posting and maintaining this amazing source of information for people with all skill levels and that too free.

Profile image for willisb12
    willisb12
    Participant

Finishing up CISSP training – I have read quite a few books and gone through 2 boot camps and Kelly Handerhan is by far my favorite instructor for this course. Some trainers go off on tangents, she stays on topic and gives relevant real world examples.

Profile image for r3s3t
    R3S3T
    Participant

I’m studying for C.EH and reading 2 books,Black Hat Python and Pratical Malware Analysis 🙂

Profile image for dissonia
    Dissonia
    Participant
    Profile image for hariharansivakumar
    Harry Siva
    Participant

Working on CompTIA Security + going through lesson Risk related concepts – Excellent

Profile image for jakaprana
    jakaprana
    Participant

Learn Python for Security Professionals.

Profile image for harnoor
    Harnoor
    Participant

BIOS

nmap

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 2,451 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Cybrary On The Go

Get the Cybrary app for Android for online and offline viewing of our lessons.

Get it on Google Play

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel