What cert should I aim for for entry level VirtualizationVirtualization Management Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses Virtualization Management Course What cert should I aim for for entry level Virtualization

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Franck KAMGAING 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Glariful
    Participant

Title.

VCP looks good, But I am uneducated on what the standard is.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  Glariful.

Ivan Slade
    Participant

is there any additional links for preparation or is it best 2 look for additional preparation on sites for VM and simular products pages

Johan Grotherus
    Participant

As for Vmware, you can view their certification roadmap at https://mylearn.vmware.com/portals/certification/

RAusserehl
    Participant

For VMWare you might want to start with VMware-VCP, which is which has two tests. VMWare foundation and the “real” test. To take them you need to have visited a class.

Some online courses qualify as attending courses. I heard great things about stanley VMWare course which is online. But it is 5.5 and there is 6.0 already.

As far as I know certs are time and version limited with vmware. S o you might want to look in to some more “general” certs.

sthbkr77
    Participant

I took a VCP6 class through Global Knowledge. While it was a decent intro, a 5 day boot camp is not enough to pass an exam. A VCP book just came out but I would wait for 2nd edition so incorrect info is corrected. Learing the values for 5.5 doesn’t help you in 6.

JOduMonT
    Participant

VMware is truly the main player into corporation, and in that case, VCP is definitely a great choice,
    but 😉
    if you look for something more overall take a look on the CompTIA Cloud+,
    or if you want something more Open, take a look to OpenStack Certification
    https://linuxacademy.com/openstack

Slimbartfarst
    Participant

It all depends on what platform you intend to use, i have just completed the AWS Associate Training as most of my work is based around AWS, but vmware has a good training program so i truly believe it’s horses for courses.

Franck KAMGAING
    Participant

ok

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Cybrary On The Go

Get the Cybrary app for Android for online and offline viewing of our lessons.

Get it on Google Play

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel