[SOLVED] What can you expect to really know when you have this Certification?CompTIA Security+ Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses CompTIA Security+ Course [SOLVED] What can you expect to really know when you have this Certification?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CybrarySupport 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anthony39
    Participant

This is my main question.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  CybrarySupport.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  CybrarySupport. Reason: marked solved

JOHN OYELEKE
    Participant

Taking this free course facilitates the introduction of basic information systems security principles and the required knowledge to get prepared and be successful at the Security+ exam. Information Security is on the front burners for many organizations today and they seek candidates that have the Security+ knowledge and certification.

CybrarySupport

Anthony39,

According to CompTIA themselves the Security+ exam “covers the most important foundational principles for securing a network and managing risk”. In practice, the Security+ is a base level computer security certification that is the gateway to understanding the principals and concepts of keeping computers, networks, and data secure. Our Security+ course follows the exam objectives for the SY0-401 which you can download in pdf form to look at in detail what is covered here: http://bit.ly/1xAMGnQ

The Security+ Certification is not an extremely intensive exam as far as technical hands on knowledge goes. While there are some simulations on the exam that require some technical knowledge, just passing the Security+ exam will not give you an extremely technically detailed understanding of how to configure security settings. More so, the Security+ certification focuses on security concepts and best practices so you have an understanding of computer security in general. This is not to say that you shouldn’t learn the technical knowledge! This is critical in actually applying security concepts in real world situations and will help immensely in passing the exam. Setting up your own test lab or going through the practice labs with one of the lab providers we recommend will help you with getting some hands on practice.

In short, go to the link above and take a look at all the objectives listed in the pdf. That will let you know everything you can expect to learn about.

Sincerely,
    C

D3dp0p3
    Participant

I am going through this course with hopes to get my security+ certification. I would just like to say thanks for offering this class for free. There is no way I would be able to afford these classes, but the certification tests I can swing so thanks again for this. Oh and By the way John makes this easy to understand for all levels of skill, from beginner to mid-level.

CybrarySupport

D3dp0p3,

I’m glad this is helping you. Let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,
    C

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘[SOLVED] What can you expect to really know when you have this Certification?’ is closed to new replies.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel