VmWare VCP exam requirementsVirtualization Management Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses Virtualization Management Course VmWare VCP exam requirements

This topic contains 14 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  gibbers 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

ICTPro
    Participant

Hello,

I was curious to ask if by taking the Vmware course available on Cybrary.it, it would make me an eligible candidate to book the VCP5-DCV exam with Pearson Vue. As far as I know, in order to take the exam is required to take part to an official training class offered by Vmware partners that are pretty expensive. The cost associated with the class is roughly 3000$. I found few cheaper alternatives offered from a few colleges in USA, but if I could self-study I would prefer due my limited budget.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards, Franky.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  ICTPro.

CybrarySupport

Hi @ictpro,

Unfortunately, our VMware course is Unofficial and attending our training will not provide the necessary eligibility to sit for that exam. Or rather, you can take the exam without any prior consent from Vmware, but they will not issue the certificate, even if you pass the exam, unless you have attended a VMware official training.

Cordially,
    C

Donovan
    Participant

@ictpro, check this out – http://www.stanly.edu/continuing-education/computer-courses/vmware-vsphere.html

The class is $180 and the books are $46 with $20 shipping.

This is a VMware certified academy class and you get an exam voucher if you complete at least 80% of the course.

The labs are pretty good but I would still suggest you build your own lab.

Beth
    Participant

404, When I clicked the link above. BTW, it’s waitlisted.

Also, I have yet to verify with VMware whether the course is certified, yes it does say that on the page. I would double check with VMware to be sure.

Updated link info from Stanly:

vSphere ICM Course @ North Carolina Stanly Community College

There are Cybrary Lab offerings as well (I have yet to try them):

Cybrary VMware Labs

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  Beth.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  Beth.

ICTPro
    Participant

Thank you very much for helping to both of you 🙂

NathanBon
    Participant

Hey there.

Budget stopped my VCP track, but one one thing that is worth looking at is the VCA exams. Yes you may get cert snobs looking down on you but ignore all that, the training is very good and 100% free. the exam itself is UK only £75 to take and if you have taken the course they should be easy to pass.

Its a good foundation overview from a learning perspective and for those of us that use it daily gives you that logo/ brand name on Linkedin/ CV etc. without shelling out 3k!!!

https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=41165&ui=www_cert

Samuel Smith
    Participant

The VCA seems more like an advertisement than real knowledge, but it is a good look into which VMware offering is appropriate for which scenario. It is cheap though, so makes good resume candy.
    I finished the SCC VMware class a few months ago. It IS a partner with VMware, so gives you the pass to take the cert, BUT does not fully prepare you for the cert test. You will need additional books / labs to get all the knowledge needed. Brian Atkinson’s VCP5 Study Guide is a good resource.
    After I finish a few other courses here at Cybrary, I’ll be checking out the VCP resources. Should we be working for VCP6 instead, since it came out?

Iveras
    Participant

We’re looking at implementing a VMware solution where I work and we’ve taken to the courses here on Cybrary. So I have just a few questions. How well does the course here on Cybrary.it prepare you for the exam? And do those other courses go more in-depth with the administration and implementation of SANs? I’ve noticed the courses here merely recommend you speak with your “Storage Administrator” and it’s information that I would really like to have.

Shalini Patil
    Participant

thanks for helping in VMware!

priyu
    Participant

It is nice!

Sardar Shaikh
    Participant

THNX for the help !

UGAfraz
    Participant

This article was really helpful… Thanks a lot!

mayanky
    Participant

thnx

mayanky
    Participant

=1

gibbers
    Participant

Reviving an older thread. Depending on where you live, there may be program(s) that can assist you. I am in the same boat as you guys. Each state may be different, in California like most states we have an ETP program. It is the Employment Training Panel. Also, this information is California specific; however, I do know other states have the same/similar programs. You can at least review the information and try to apply it to your state or country. I was able to take the VCP which on paper was $3,300 for free. There are restrictions, but I HIGHLY suggestion you take the time to look into it if your serious with advancing your career with little backing/fiance from your company and/ or your own pocket (especially the IDT site). Here is a quick run down from the California ETP page (below).

The Employment Training Panel (ETP) provides funding to employers to assist in upgrading the skills of their workers through training that leads to good paying, long-term jobs. The ETP was created in 1982 by the California State Legislature and is funded by California employers through a special payroll tax. The ETP is a funding agency, not a training agency. Businesses determine their own training needs and how to provide training. ETP staff is available to assist in applying for funds and other aspects of participation.
    from https://www.etp.ca.gov/

I have given this schools site not for the classes they offer, but it’s a good explanation of what the program is and how to enter. There are restrictions but they are not that hard to meet, basically if you are employed and make a certain level of income.
    http://www.idt.edu/show.aspx?mi=4601

The California Eligibility list for approved school is not that user friendly. I actually search the with terms like ETP California VCP, or something related to what you want. The program is not limited to tech, but this is a tech forum so I’ll leave it at that.
    http://www.edd.ca.gov/Jobs_and_Training/Eligible_Training_Provider_List.htm

Hopefully you will have great experience as well. Keep in mind that many school offer boot camp style classes, but not all (mine was not). Boot camps are better for people who have somewhat experience in the tech they are studying for. If your new to the subject, I would advise against a boot camp.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  gibbers. Reason: addiing better visuals, bold, underline
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  gibbers.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get more out of Cybrary
Teach
Reach an audience of 1,500,000+ IT and cyber professionals, including the world's top companies
Create impact at a scale by reaching a global audience
Build your personal brand
Supplement your income
Hire
Access the world's largest talent pool of cyber security professionals, and receive candidates with pre-assessed technical skills
Eliminate the pain and costs of technical vetting
Receive candidate skill profiles highlighting knowledge and technical proficiency
Reach active and passive candidates; and, fill your pipeline with pre-vetted, qualified cyber professionals
Get a Job
Work with a dedicated mentor to help you select the career that's right for you, and get a job at one of the world's top companies.
Receive all the training and assessments you need to prepare for the job
Work with a dedicated Mentor
Get placed through Cybrary for jobs earning average salaries of $116,000/yr

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Cybrary On The Go

Get the Cybrary app for Android for online and offline viewing of our lessons.

Get it on Google Play

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel