CCNA Lab Native_VLAN_MISMATCH errorCisco CCNA Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses Cisco CCNA Course CCNA Lab Native_VLAN_MISMATCH error

This topic contains 1 reply, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Admin Anthony 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

CybrarySupport

We received this question about trunking and we are working on finding the answer. If anyone can help, please do so here on the forum.
    Question:
    I setup ports f0/1 on sw1 and sw2 as a trunk, but i am having problem setting up port f0/2 on sw1, below is the message that I got.

%CDP-4-NATIVE_VLAN_MISMATCH: Native VLAN mismatch discovered on FastEthernet0/2 (150), with SW2 FastEthernet0/2 (1).

what am i doing wrong please I want to setup the other ports on the network

Admin Anthony
    Participant

To best help solve the error, what is the background on what you are trying to setup? A few questions to answer to better work towards a resolution.
    – which particular lab video are you working through in the CCNA Series?
    – what are you trying to setup port fa0/2 as on sw1? you indicated that the trunk setup correctly is this an access port to a particular vlan?
    – run the command show interfaces fa0/2 switchport for us so we can see what kind of configuration you have on that port

Thanks for joining us on cybrary, lets get this figured out for you!

Andy
    Participant

After completing Junaid’s excellent module on Configuring switch Trunks I believe I can answer the question:

The message from Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) IS SAYING SW2 Native vlan= 150 and the other end of the link SW1 Native VLAN =1. If you change the native VLAN on the other end of the link SW1 from VLAN 1 DEFAULT to 150, this should resolve your mismatch.

from command line interface
    ! configure native vlan
    SW1(config-if)#switchport trunk native vlan 150
    !verify native vlan 150
    SW1(config-if)#do sho int trunk

Let me know if this resolved your issue
    Thanks, Andy

Admin Anthony
    Participant

Excellent catch and thanks for posting Andy!I believe you’ve got it! I’ll see if we can get confirmation from the person who sent us the issue.

CybrarySupport

Excellent work Andy, thank you very much for sharing the solution!

STARK
    Participant

can we mark this a solved?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘CCNA Lab Native_VLAN_MISMATCH error’ is closed to new replies.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel