The basics of ITIL and why ITIL certification is taking over the worldITIL Foundation Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses ITIL Foundation Course The basics of ITIL and why ITIL certification is taking over the world

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Drood 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

812teck
    Participant

Drood
    Participant

Interesting article-I was not aware of the new “Practitioner” designation (and I considered myself fairly up to date on ITIL). Will have to look into this further. Thanks for the info!

812teck
    Participant

YW! I didn’t realize that ITIL was more widely excepted that COBIT!

Drood
    Participant

Actually it’s interesting that the title of the article was in regards to ITIL “taking over the world.” Here lately I’ve read some articles/comments that would seem to suggest that ITIL is perhaps not as well-known as I had thought; I read one comment (and for the life of me can’t remember where-LinkedIn maybe? Not sure, but the gist was that this particular commenter stated that they thought ITIL had only come about c. 2000 or so, rather than the late 80s. It’s still a great framework for ITSM; not sure if the “best,” since I know only the bare minimum re COBIT 5 at present. Seems the two would complement each other nicely if implemented simultaneously. Anyway long post-apologies; feedback appreciated.

twodogs
    Participant

My shop is talking about itil.
    So, think many companies and managers seem to be looking at itil as best practices and improving processes.

812teck
    Participant

That’s true

812teck
    Participant

I’ve seen multiple job postings on Indeed referencing the ITIL cert

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  812teck.

tdixon
    Participant

That was a great article. I have to be honest in saying that ITIL Certification is new to me.

Drood
    Participant

I’m really passionate about ITIL (can you tell?) and am taking a (brief) break from A+ exam prep to do a little studying towards ITIL Intermediate/OSA; hoping to get the juices flowing again and get revived for my 220-801 which I am scheduling THIS WEEK without fail-time crunch is starting to kick in now and freaking out a little, not gonna lie.

812teck
    Participant

Keep us posted…

Drood
    Participant

You bet-will do!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Cybrary|0P3N

Is Linux Worth Learning in 2020?
Views: 331 / December 14, 2019
How do I Get MTA Certified?
Views: 923 / December 12, 2019
How much does your PAM software really cost?
Views: 1376 / December 10, 2019
How Do I Get into Android Development?
Views: 1754 / December 8, 2019

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel