Speed Up Windows (7, 8 and 10)Virtualization Management Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses Virtualization Management Course Speed Up Windows (7, 8 and 10)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Rattar 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Rattar
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I’ve decided to make my own performance fix for Windows! This fix works for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Download it at: http://www.filedropper.com/juliarwin7810

(Make sure you don’t click on any ads or download something different)
    Once downloaded, extract “juliar_win7_8_10.reg” and double click it. It will ask a prompt about it being downloaded from internet click “Run”. It will then ask you if you want to add the file to the registry. Click “yes”. Finally, it should say that the file content was successfully added to the registry. Restart your computer, and then you will notice dramatic performance increase.

I suggest to use this fix monthly, as some “Windows Updates” overwrite the performance fix.

I was going to show what each command does. However, Cybrary.it is blocking my code post. Anyways here is what it does in order:

1) Adds “Copy To” and “Move To” options in files and folders context menu.
    2) Autoendtasks – Ends tasks automatically when you are doing a shutdown (instead of having to press endtask manually), useful for hanging applications.
    3) Whenever you press endtask, windows now only waits 1 second before force ending task. (useful because you will not have hung apps)
    4) Menu show delay is set to 8, which reduces delay before start menu shows up (makes windows menu appear faster)
    5) Waits 2 seconds before killing the app whenever the user logs off.
    6) 1 Second to wait before killing non-responsive service.
    7) Mouse hover time is set to 8, which reduces delay to show popup description faster.
    8) Disables low disk space check and the popup of it in system tray.
    9) If shortcut is not linked, prevents windows from searching for the shorcut.
    10) Removal of other shortcut features.
    11) Disables Search on Internet Prompt.
    12) Wait to kill service is now set to 2 seconds.
    13) Disables Remote Computer Connection
    14) Adds Take Ownership command to everything…including exe, dll, and directory. This is useful if you want to modify a system file which would in default give you no access. With this fix, you will be able to access and modify any file on your computer.
    15) Disables Thumbnail previews.

If you have any suggestions or improvements please let me know.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  Rattar.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  Rattar. Reason: Update on what this fix does!

mteuwen
    Participant

Hi Rattar,

Before I download the file, please would it be possible to elaborate on the exact changes to the registry?
    What is added/changed and what effect does it have?

Cheers,
    Michel

StevenE
    Spectator

The way you presented it makes it seem a little Sketchy.

I read through it and it seems legit. Part of this is actually from the universal theme patcher.

jjdoyle@comcast.net
    Participant

I would not install something unless I know it comes from a trusted source or know what changes it makes. Stay away!!!!

unanimous
    Participant

what is this first you have to tell me how it works and then i am going to download it and include it into my registry..
    where do you get this ..did u make it yourself or downloaded from somewhere else..it is not looking reliable for me
    sorry dude can’t use it… but you tell me about this i will surely download it because who does not want to enhance their pc..

Rattar
    Participant

It’s made by me. I did take certain parts of it from various resources. If you are not convinced…Open a file with any text editor and see the content 🙂 It’s not compiled 🙂

What it does:
    (Read the UPDATED post)

Rattar
    Participant

@jjdoyle@comcast.net where do you want me to upload to make it a trusted source. I just used free file hosting service to upload the file as I currently don’t have anywhere else to upload it!

copy
    Participant

Nice job jjdoyle@comcast.net with the hysteria.

This is a simple .reg file which edits Registry settings in Windows. You can easily open this up in notepad and see exactly what changes it makes. Even if you don’t understand it a liitle bit of Google goes a long way. Being ignorant is no excuse to try and scare away other people just because you don’t understand something.

Krintoxi
    Participant

Lol Nope.

RunningMan
    Participant

No offense Rattar, with all the viruses out there people, especially those here get a little cautious about down loading new things.

Rattar
    Participant

well feel free to read the content of it 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Cybrary On The Go

Get the Cybrary app for Android for online and offline viewing of our lessons.

Get it on Google Play

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel