Sorry Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played hereCompTIA Network+ Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses CompTIA Network+ Course Sorry Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  bobomb 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

dms2011
    Participant

Trying to have a look at the CompTIA Network+ videos
    but instead of a video I get
    “Sorry
    Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here”

What settings should I change? Is it only accessible from certain ips?

Regards

مجهول
    Participant

Same problem here. Yesterday it worked fine. Today even in the place of videos I could access yesterday this error message is displayed.

Best regards

مجهول
    Participant

I could solve the problem by disabling a Firefox add-on called “Smart Referer”. Maybe something similar works for you?

dms2011
    Participant

I am using chrome, i will try in another browser as well.
    still no luck in viewing any of the videos.

dms2011
    Participant

I tried on Edge. And it worked without any problems.

Should have tried that earlier. I thought it was a regional limitation or something like that first.

مجهول
    Participant

Good that it finally worked but it is still weird you could not use the site with chrome…

Anonymous

try deleting your cache in Chrome and FF folks.

clarklupine
    Participant

Check your browser extensions, PrivacyBadger was preventing my vids from loading. Similar adblocking/tracking cookie-preventing stuff might be hindering you too.

cybermo
    Participant

😀

Anonymous

I’m able to view videos on Vimeo site but when played via cybrary I am getting this error

bobomb
    Participant

The Cybrary videos are hosted by Vimeo and setup to only playback on the Cybrary website. Disabling Browser Referer prevents Firefox from letting Vimeo know that the videos are being watched on Cybrary, thus causing the error.

This can also be caused by script blocking software (NoScript, uMatrix, etc…).
    Ensure that you are not spoofing the referrer for Cybrary.

See here for more details:

https://www.cybrary.it/faq/vimeo-privacy-settings/

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by  bobomb. Reason: Removing link preview
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Cybrary On The Go

Get the Cybrary app for Android for online and offline viewing of our lessons.

Get it on Google Play

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel