SOCIAL ENGINEERINGSocial Engineering and Manipulation Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  cybermo 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

upendra
    Participant

in setoolkit -credential harvesting method, does the attackers and victims systems should be connected to the same network? what if the victim is connected to a different network?

Shalini Patil
    Participant

nice post

dxpy
    Participant

setoolkit for the credential harvesting method needs that the attacker and the victim is connected to the same network to funcion

upendra
    Participant

thank you @dxpy

upendra
    Participant

thank you @dx5py

Anonymous

dxpy
    Participant

please and if you need, ask me more question 🙂

Cyclex25
    Participant

? sorry guys, this is completely wrong to say the least! sure you DONT have to be on the same network! it would completely miss the point if it´d be any different. i mean, you clone a site and link to it. after that, you SEND that link to your target via e.g. MAIL

sure you could just spoof it on a network you mitm any target, anyways you´re free to setup the ip accordingly on the first issue.
    it asks you for entering the return ip address. just enter your external ip and if its static you´re good to go and things should work just as fine! otherwise you have to register at any dns management service like no-ip, ddns or similar. register, setup a host and you’ll get a dedicated address for that specific host you may enter in SET as return ip.forward ports on your router and setup dns service there to keep its ip updated.
    most routers nowadays have a dedicated section to do this. just ensure to switch on the advanced adminpanel and dang, there you go 😉 if not, you could either flash a custom rom to it or install a dedicated client app on the host (i.e. your computer/phone/whatever has to be kept updated). you can download these for free usually at the dns service´s site.

its anyways much more convenient and advisable cause it does not resolve your ip in the targets browser! if this is all chinese to you, i guess this is information one could forget about. because aside doing seriously mad or unadvised stuff, theres hardly smh i can think about you could use this for. cause you’d know about these things if you´d be working with it.

so “parental advisory”: don’t fool around with this and take this as an inside knowledge and really better learn WHY it for sure does work over the line too 😉 really not offending anyone, the knowledge i applied is for sure an educational one. I’m not responsible for consequences anyone testing this in any scenario you´re not allowed to will face! ^^

kindly yours, cheers ^^

cybermo
    Participant

Thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Cybrary On The Go

Get the Cybrary app for Android for online and offline viewing of our lessons.

Get it on Google Play

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel