Regarding Undergraduate courses (on campus) after class 12 in cybersecurity?Career Goals

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Cyber Security Career Goals Regarding Undergraduate courses (on campus) after class 12 in cybersecurity?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pramitus 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Vivek Raj
    Participant

I am an Indian student presently in 12th grade and will pass out next year.
    I have a strong intuition and desire to go into the field of cyber security and forensics.
    I just wanted to know about what undergraudate courses are available (i mean just after 12 th grade and no previous other courses taken ) in any university across the world. I don’t find it here in India because the sheep crowd follows engineering and medical courses blindly and stay unemployed. Please guide me. Regards.

Paul Rouk
    Participant

Below is a fairly typical list of classes offered for a bachelors in cyber security. This particular list was taken from Maryville’s degree program. (http://onlinesecurity.maryville.edu/) There are actually quite a few classes or even entire degree programs available online now if that is your goal.

Required Courses (18 credits)
    • ISYS 250 Business Processes and Systems
    • ISYS 280 Critical Security Controls
    • ISYS 307 Business and Databases
    • ISYS 320 Application Development with Java
    • ISYS 325 Operating Systems and Applications
    • ISYS 491 Cyber Law, Policy, and Compliance

Cyber Security Defense Track (12 credits)
    • ISYS 480 Security Information & Event Management
    • ISYS 481 Virtualization & Cloud Security
    • ISYS 484 Digital Forensics
    • ISYS 485 Incident Response & Malware Analysis

Cyber Security Offense Track (12 credits)
    • ISYS 470 Ethical Hacking
    • ISYS 471 Advanced Ethical Hacking
    • ISYS 474 Network & Wireless Security
    • ISYS 475 Mobile Security

pramitus
    Participant

A plug for my own school, but Penn State University has an online college, World Campus, that offers a fully-online Bachelor’s degree in Security and Risk Analysis. Here is a link to the program:
    http://www.worldcampus.psu.edu/degrees-and-certificates/security-and-risk-analysis-bachelors/overview

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel