QUESTION: Career path adviceThe Break Room

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums The Break Room QUESTION: Career path advice

This topic contains 400 replies, has 298 voices, and was last updated by  thanik 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 401 total)
  • Author

krasky
    Participant

Please is this place for me as newbie with no knowledge of hacking? if yes how can I go about it?

Sure it is. Cybrary is an excellent free resource that effectively implements its mission of bringing all skill levels of IT/Sec practitioners, and those who wish to be called such, together to learn, develop, and build what is a constantly-changing industry and constantly-growing community.

There are a number of free courses that train and challenge all skill-levels. Whether you are fresh and just sating your curiosity as a beginner or if you’re some homegrown Elliot Alderson trying to check up on some new zeroday that’s out there, this place is the best place to be on the internet, hands down (for free, that is).

Now, if you get serious about learning and like the sort of mentorship or even guided-study type of system with actual virtual labs to test your newfound skills in a real environment (legally), I totally recommend investing the $99 for insider pro. It’s worth it, trust me.

KrishHindustani
    Participant

What after masters degree in computer science?

vishalkhanderao
    Participant

i think cyber security have very bright future. there are lots of new tech companies are coming in this world and cyber security will be main motto for them.

nowane
    Participant

good luck

minaelisha
    Participant

good work

avishek7
    Participant

Hands on a exp is needed for any course just like a project work. We will get benefit if any real life project is show then it will be good for learner.

benjaminbel
    Participant

If you are interested Analyst/Pentester career you need to know the all tips.
    Found a good article with this tips: Here on PeerLyst

Mazinwolf
    Participant

all the best

andyp96
    Participant

Good luck

andyp96
    Participant

great

Haitham Ben Salem
    Participant

all the best

vinodr2
    Participant

well said.. its true and agree

panikbutton
    Participant

All the best

vinodkumarmvn
    Participant

Having the right guidance and training can lead to getting the dream job and thereby fulfilling the career dreams. So if you want have Best Training information Please click here

napalm1
    Participant

Im in the uk and will the mentors help me get a job here or do you only help in the USA.

GymWolf
    Participant

Noticed that the CPE/CEU that Cybrary claims to give is not equivalent to certain certs. For example, CEUs for Security+ only count based on credit hour per training. Ex: 2 hour training course = 2 CEUs.

There was a pop-up when I logged into cybrary yesterday that had a suggestion to join Stax to find a mentor, which I still need to do, that also included a link. The link lead to something that looked like a combination of the course catalogue combined with career paths. It showed all the different career paths with all the classes and labs needed to become proficient and had a suggested timeline to follow for the 14 week class. In addition, each career path was broken down by beginner, intermediate, and advanced, with each having its own set of classes within the track. It was a series of pdfs and it was super informative.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t on my home computer at the time and couldn’t save the pdfs or the link. Does anyone have that link or those pdfs? Failing that, is there any way to contact the people that run the site to request that link? I haven’t found the Support button to be of any use.

Thanks!

Lasita
    Participant

Try to do something best without loose your quality time with family. IT job functions should need more time again and again. Just happy, just do it with life balance.

Nikhil
    Participant

You can also check EC Council ENSA, but it is more theory than practical. It covered almost complete network security. Hope this help.!

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 401 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Cybrary On The Go

Get the Cybrary app for Android for online and offline viewing of our lessons.

Get it on Google Play

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel