QUESTION: Career path adviceThe Break Room

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums The Break Room QUESTION: Career path advice

This topic contains 400 replies, has 298 voices, and was last updated by  thanik 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 401 total)
  • Author

marioprasetion
    Participant

Can i start a App developer career w/o colege?

Uladzislau Murashka
    Participant

Yep, you can nowadays. Anyway, the main reason why you can be hired – your skills and experience 🙂
    But in some cases for example if you want to take leading position, some kind of education will be required though.

DonZartwell
    Participant

I have very little experience in the field, and am studying for the CompTIA A+ exam.
    What type of job might I expect to get into after my A+ Certification is complete?

yuningpu
    Participant

thank you for sharing

anotherITguy
    Participant

Lots of good info

dhananjayapv
    Participant

Hi,
    Looking for a career in cyber security?Join our industry best cyber security courses with 100% placement guarantee!!and start working with global leading IT Security firms, for more information visit http://purplesynapz.com or call +91 9008854897.

nintek
    Participant

With an A+ cert I find you can start as a bench technician. I started as a bench tech with my A+ and Network+ back in 2007.

Neel Gajjar
    Participant

Goodluck!!

rlang85
    Participant

vijaybs
    Participant

Hello All,

I have a question and hoping to get some advice here. I have 16 years of experience working as Quality Analyst, Business Analyst especially in credit cards domain. With growing cyber security concerns i would like to move into Cyber Security / fornesics.

Question:

Assuming I need to start from basics Is it too late to make the switch?
    If time is not a constraint what should be my first step / course to start with ?
    Given my work experience what is right course in Cyber security space?

Your responses are highlighly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Vijay

Rob Chic
    Participant

Using the pro account career path education program. I was looking to start the security engineer path. My question is what is the likelihood of landing a job with little to no experience?

Rob Chic
    Participant

Using the pro account career path education program. I was looking to start the security engineer path. My question is what is the likelihood of landing a job with little to no experience?

Thank you

maxplay
    Participant

hi everyone! lots of good advices here, thank you very much. For this course and every other (in security), would you recommend me a laptop that fit best? i was looking for Asus or Dell? AMD or Intel? i have to buy one in a few days…
    Would you recommend a web page where to find “remote jobs” ? (linux and security)
    thanks!
    M

Ethicalhacker007
    Participant

All the Best.. Good Luck !! 🙂

zaid.alomari
    Participant

Good Luck and keep focus on the industry security certifications like CEH, CISSP, etc rather than products certification like firewall, IPS, etc.

andyf821
    Participant

What are some good certifications for someone working outside of a computer-focused career that might provide value to say a job in business management?

andrehoj
    Participant

Where can I go with my ITIL Foundations Cert?

akshaynew2011
    Participant

Guys Whats the review on Cybrary Insider Pro. Is it worth the money ? I feel though I have access to virtual labs ultimately I have to complete the certification of the training I took.

Have people really been selected by good companies after choosing a career path with Cybrary?

akhilp6760
    Participant

ravuga
Participant

Well that’s a great help

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 401 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel