Project+/PMPProject Management Professional Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  smart1970 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Ghost
    Participant

Looking to get Project+ then PMP soon. I have the required exp hours and degree for PMP, just not the “training” and don’t know anything about Project+. Anybody here taken it before?

Vince McKeown
    Participant

Hi Ghost, I am the instructor of the video course. Please feel free to ask your questions in this bulletin board and I can answer them. I would first start with these videos. The first thing I would recommend memorizing are the 10 Knowledge areas and the 5 process groups. After you have the “foundation” of the process table, I would then move towards memorizing and understanding where each of the 47 processes fit.

Ghost
    Participant

Thanks Vince, will do.

Lights_Out
    Participant

Remember, you must meet the prerequisites in order to take the PMP, if you do not meet the 5 years of experience with Projects they will not improve your application to take the exam. Project + is an excellent cert if you don’t meet the requirements for the PMP.

Vince McKeown
    Participant

Another certification outside PMP is the CAPM (also by PMI). It’s a lot easier than the PMP as the questions are geared towards a Junior Project Manager.

braxton
    Participant

Hi @vince McKeown from which site can i do PMP to get a certification. Most preferably which allows online activities like studying etc. I’m asking because i can’t see it here on #cybrary.

challyy2k3
    Participant

Vince u re on point. Thanks for d light.

4m4d3u
    Participant

@chally,
    As Vince said i advise you to take a CAPM preparation training, work in the industry for at least 1.5 year deal with real life projects and then you can apply for PMP you will have a good background and understand if this is really what you want instead of investing a lot of time studying for PMP.

Cheers

Franck KAMGAING
    Participant

thanks

d33p1yr00t3d
    Participant

I thank you for the insight as well. I can see the value in obtaining the PMP as all IT aspects involve some formal planning, preparation and knowledge of the capital resources available, the time frame allotted and the scope of these service areas of operations.

crecxpo
    Participant

Please what is next after this PMP course? Is this enough to pass the PMP Certification? Or what other materials/resources are needed to pass the PMP Certification? Thanks.

smart1970
    Participant

After PMP you can go for PgMP (Program Management)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel