Prerequisite for being an ethical hacker?Offensive Cyber Security

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Cyber Security Offensive Cyber Security Prerequisite for being an ethical hacker?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Gwill 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

cyb3rgypsy
    Participant

Hello Everyone!

I have just grew interest in cyber security, mainly in security offensive. I wanted to know that what is the prerequisites to be an ethical hacker? I already know C# and C++ programming languages,

404syntaxerror
    Participant

Do you understand how networks work? Ports, OSI model etc? Understanding networks is important for hacking. Cybrary do have a Network+ course which I do suggest learning if not already.

networks and Using linux terminal will be effective.

brunof
    Participant

Well I agree with colleagues too.
    Networks, SO knowledge, and programming skills are the basics.

cyb3rgypsy
    Participant

I have little bit knowledge in Networking as of now. Though I had networking concepts. But I have almost forgotten them. And I do have programming skills.

cyb3rgypsy
    Participant

I need to get knowledge about Linux commands

mareknejedly
    Participant

How do you train for pentesting? Becuase it is good to practice somehow and not in the way that you try to hack your pretty neighbour.

Do you have any suggestions how to practice etical hacking?

chemikal
    Participant

@mareknejedly

I know places like Vulnhub have vulnerable VM’s that you can test yourself on.

Alternatively, https://mdsec.net host online labs that only cost about $7 an hour.

Chemikal~

GIGABITE
    Participant

Well can you guys tell us the courses that will be helpful for ethical hacking? Course name in cybrary. Thank you in advance

Shoaib
    Spectator

Hi

lace
    Participant

Hello GIGABITE. Personally, I think you have everything you need here. I’ll list the courses I’d suggest you to do in case you start from 0:

**BEGGINER**
    CompTIA A+
    CompTIA Linux+
    CompTIA Network+
    CompTIA Security+

**INTERMEDIATE**
    Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
    Cisco CCNA

**ADVANCED/LEADERSHIP**
    Advanced Penetration Testing
    Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)

This way, you’ll have strong bases on basic computing and networking + the specialization you’re looking for on Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking.

Gwill
    Participant

it depends always on the target;

if you want to participate in bug bounties google has good payments

google pays good money in login bugs

there you have to know how is cloud working and you need a specific mindset

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel