Practice LabsThe Break Room

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums The Break Room Practice Labs

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile image for creno13 Chin_Diesel 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile image for benb
    Luv Certs!!!
    Participant

What exactly happens once I pay for a practice lab? There’s very little information on this anywhere on this sight and I’m having trouble.

Profile image for od1tspyd3r
    od1tspyd3r
    Participant

which lab??

Profile image for falko
    Falko
    Participant

I’m not aware of any labs in here (or am I wrong?) .. however, if there is anyone who needs/wants to practice something, let me know, I have some spare resources I can provide.

Profile image for benb
    Luv Certs!!!
    Participant

they’re supposed to simulate real world IT.. I’m a Newby newby looking to learn about web development with no experience at all, so I can really use the practice in anyway I can get it. Seems the practice labs are for newby’s like myself.. https://www.cybrary.it/practice-labs/

Profile image for benb
    Luv Certs!!!
    Participant

I’m on the Network plus one now…

Profile image for juliofreitas
    Julio
    Participant

@benb Could you share your experiences after tests?

Profile image for orldiaz
    orldiaz
    Participant

I was wondering about it myself. If you click on the links it gives you an explanation.
    But for those on that specific page there is no description.
    Any moderator that can make it happen?

Profile image for lcgz
    Lily
    Participant

You are right, they don’t have a description.

Profile image for benb
    Luv Certs!!!
    Participant

One of the folks on this site gave me a sample of what the practice lab looks like.. I’m just beginning the bookside of the Net + and am not actually ready to take on a lab cause I’m not on those parts yet, where the practice labs matches my book study (I got the books mentioned on the Net + page).. So far, it looks like a website that looks as if it has a good amount of simulated practices on what seems like real world networking and some Cisco.. I’ll keep this forum updated for everyone.. thanx for your responses!!! If anyone’s doing Net + now and am interested in having a study partner, I’m welcome to have you.. 🙂 My e-mail is: [email protected]

Profile image for benb
    Luv Certs!!!
    Participant

HEY FOLKS!! Got the scoop on the practice labs. Here it is:

First, goto the site and have ye a look: http://practice-labs.com/Index.aspx

This step is the most confusing part cause cybrary doesn’t actually offer the link anywhere on it’s site. Practice Labs is it’s own IT training site that many other sites, academies and corporations use to train people in IT related subjects.

Second; on cybrary, goto the particular certification page you’re working on under the course catalog drop down menu, and choose it. On the lower top of the right side of the page, you’ll notice a box called “Recommended Additional Study Material”. If your certification has a practice lab associated with it (I’ve noticed that most of the advanced certifications don’t have practice labs), you’ll see it listed as one of the hyperlinks in the box. Choose the “… Practice Lab” and follow it. If you scroll to the bottom, you’ll find a list of all the practice labs available including the purchase button for each practice lab.

Third: if you purchase a lab, they’ll send you the login credentials via. the e-mail associated with the purchase.

I got the Network + practice lab and was astounded by the massive list of lab simulations available. I got my A+ simply by reading a book and didn’t find this site until after I was certified. I feel as if these practice labs are probably the best way someone can gain as much real world experience as possible without actually being in the field where these things are. I hope this helps folks make a clear decision if you were considering trying one out.. Peace friends 🙂

Profile image for benb
    Luv Certs!!!
    Participant

as an addendum to this, now that I’ve had some time to work on the actual lab, I find it to be very useful towards getting real world experience on what is actually a real world virtual lab setup, in that it actually offers multiple virtual machines that operate almost like real machines, from actually having to flip a virtual power button to getting the machines to boot, to turning them all on and operating them all at once, like a real production level network.. From real windows servers, gateways, workstations and routers, all working in tandem; talking to each other and able to function.. That’s probably all I have to offer so if there’s no other questions, I’m outta here.. close, bump, whatever.. Peace..

Profile image for giuseppep
    GiuseppeP
    Participant

I’m preparing for CCNA, that practice labs is better than Simulation software like Packet Tracer? If yes why?

Profile image for benb
    Luv Certs!!!
    Participant

update.. Life sucks and it’s taken me a while to get to a place where I can actually take time and study; AND make better decisions. Why do I offer this information.. For you GuiespeeP.. U probably won’t see this, it’s been so long but I’m about to purchase the CCNA course as well. I studied for the Net + but since have taken the advice of folks on the net who got their net + and realized it’s probably a worthless certification, I’m taking my experience studying for the Net + and applying it to getting a CCNA, not such a worthless certification.. See ya again at the next dialogue..

Profile image for creno13
    Chin_Diesel
    Participant

Here’s my thoughts on labs. You can buy old servers off eBay fairly cheaply, and run VMs off those to serve as your own lab. It would probably be way cheaper for you in the long run.

As for a lab vs. Packet tracer, I’d say stick with PT. It’s stout enough to get you your CCNA, though not enough to get you some of the other Cisco certifications, like CCNA security (need access to ASA firewalls, and the GUIs that come with them). Good luck!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Cybrary On The Go

Get the Cybrary app for Android for online and offline viewing of our lessons.

Get it on Google Play

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar
Cybrary works best if you switch to our Android-friendly app
Continue

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel