Possible Help for VM Image downloadSecure Coding Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses Secure Coding Course Possible Help for VM Image download

This topic contains 13 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  iSecSploit 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Sunny Wear
    Participant

After clicking the link “Download the VM Image (6.4 GB zip)” under the image of the textbook, I found the download to be more successful if you log into Google/Gmail via the “Sign In” button at the top right instead of immediately clicking the “Download” button.

STEPS:
    1. Click link “Download the VM Image (6.4 GB zip)” (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-DagHw90nubbjhMaEZmYVJsLTA/view?usp=sharing)
    2. Before clicking “Download”, Sign into Google/GMail via Sign In button, top right.
    (It gives some Whoops message, but below that is the Download button, wait to click it until you login to GMail).
    3. Click “Download” after successful login to your Google/GMail.
    4. Another message follows stating “Google Drive can’t scan this file for viruses.”
    This is due to the size of the VM image.
    5. If you wish to continue, click “Download Anyway” Button.

I hope this is helpful.

Anonymous

It downloaded just fine for me. But I am not able to get the image to work. Virtual Box did not want to recognize it the zipped format, and when trying to unzip I got an error:
    $ unzip Cybrary\ Secure\ Coding.zip
    Archive: Cybrary Secure Coding.zip
    End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
    a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
    latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
    the last disk(s) of this archive.
    unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of Cybrary Secure Coding.zip or
    Cybrary Secure Coding.zip.zip, and cannot find Cybrary Secure Coding.zip.ZIP, period.

Regards
    Michael

Anonymous

Solution was found for Ubuntu. For some reason the default unzip does not work on the file. Instead install 7z (sudo apt-get install p7zip-full) and run: 7z x Cybrary\ Secure\ Coding.zip.

samgtp32
    Participant

@sunnywear Thanks for the update. I have downloaded the VM and loaded it up in VirtualBox, but could not login to the system. What is the password? Are there any instructions on how to use the VM? What are all the software’s present in the VM? Thank you. If it is already covered in one of the course videos, apologies because I have not made a great progress on the videos since I am a little aware of the secure coding practices and wanted to check out the VM in the first place. Thanks again for all the help.

Sunny Wear
    Participant

The credentials for the VM are ubuntu/reverse. If you view the Introduction Module, Parts 2 (Lab Setup), 3 (BurpSuite) and 4 (Mutillidae) you will better understand your VM environment as it pertains to the class. Thank you and best of luck.

edong
    Participant

Sunny,

I see, you have new additional resources(materials) in your class, may I take this class again?

Thank you,

Eduardo

Null
    Participant

I cannot download the image file.It always ends up with a failed download.
    I followed the above mentioned tips with no luck.
    Any suggestions?

Null
    Participant

Solved.If you have similar problem,just copy it first to your Google Drive folder and after that you will be able to download without any failure.

gmddmg
    Participant

Hello Sunny,

In video #2 (minute 1:58) you mention a file to be used as an option for creating the hard disk of the virtual manchine. And you said you provided it. Would you let me know where is it available?
    Thank you.

Gonzalo

blackbox3
    Participant

Hi gmddmg. I was wondering the same thing, I didn’t see a file to download on the class webpage, unless I missed it somewhere.

M
    Participant

When I attemt to download the image I am getting the following Message from Google Drive

You need permission
    Want in? Ask for access, or switch to an account with permission. Learn more

Request Access Switch Accounts

mzackery
    Participant

Hello,

when I try to download the VM I am getting a permission error. (Ask for access, or switch to an account with permission. I’ve created another e-mail to setup a new google drive account, changed my password for my Cybrary account, tell asking for permissions to access the download. Please help

srggal
    Participant

I faced with the same problem. There is no link to the VM image download mentioned in the 2nd part of the introduction.And I can’t download the image via the link from the 1st message of this thread, it requires to have a permission for that. I’ve requested and waiting.. I’ll appreciate for any help from anybody.
    PS
    I’ve downloaded the latest burp suite (CE) on my Mac and it is completely different from the one shown in the video.

iSecSploit
    Participant

For those who cant download it with persmission needed etc… Just open your browser in private mode and try again, thats work 😉

And for those who dont find the VM… Go to description and find this :
    Recommended Study Material
    Click here to download the Virtual Machine to follow along with the instructor.

and just click where it’s write Click here and you will be redirected to this page https://www.dropbox.com/s/802np8pwc2bii6i/ubuntu_12.04.vdi.zip?dl=0

OMG guys WTF

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  iSecSploit.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Cybrary On The Go

Get the Cybrary app for Android for online and offline viewing of our lessons.

Get it on Google Play

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel