Part 5 User Agent DemoSecure Coding Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses Secure Coding Course Part 5 User Agent Demo

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  g9l9v3r 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ky0uj1
    Participant

In this lab, window.navigator.productSub as 20100101 was checked on the page. However the latest mutillidae checks another value 20030107 as to check the user-agent.
    I cant figure out about how to change the productSub. I tried to change it with useragent switcher as the video is shown but it did not work.

Javascript to check the useragent on my environment that I got from the material in this course is following like this.

if(
    			window.navigator.productSub === "20030107" 
    )

I have only way to modify the user-agent-impersonation.php as like cheating, window.navigator.productSub === “20010101”.

So I’d like to know how I modify the window.navigator.productSub. I also tried to change it on firebug, I couldnt make it.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  ky0uj1.

Sunny Wear
    Participant

Hi ky0uj1,
    Since the numerical value is hardcoded into the PHP script, user-agent-impersonation.php, then you would need to modify it to match your browser. In other words, set it to 20010101, save the PHP file and restart Mutillidae instance. You should then see the change.

Thank you,
    Sunny

g9l9v3r
    Participant

Hi Sunny
    But is there another way to solve this? How can we impersonate this value without modifying the code?

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel