Packet capture on Network SimulatorNetwork Administration

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Network Administration Packet capture on Network Simulator

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Divya Lakshmanan 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Divya Lakshmanan
    Participant

Hi, can anyone tell me how to get wireshark’s pcap-like packet capture using cisco packet tracer? I wish to set up a virtual network environment and I want to view the packets transferred, as in a pcap file. If not packet tracer, are there any other simulators with which I can view the packets transferred?

Paul Rouk
    Participant

The 2nd video at the link below shows the packet monitoring features built into Packet Tracer. It is a long way from the sophistication of Wireshark, but it does give you a basic view of what is travelling on the simulated network.

http://www.packettracernetwork.com/tutorials/video-tutorials.html

I haven’t tried GNS3 in several years, but apparently it has the ability to use Wireshark built into the software as shown in the video below.

Divya Lakshmanan
    Participant

This is exactly what I was looking for. It was very helpful. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel