New Malware Course is very interesting!Malware Analysis / Reverse Engineering Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses Malware Analysis / Reverse Engineering Course New Malware Course is very interesting!

This topic contains 31 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  0xff7 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Zachery Smith
    Participant

This new course has been worth the wait! It is so interesting, scary and instructed well! I am impressed with the details provided by Sean, especially when setting up analysis lab!

klowe

Glad you’re enjoying it! 🙂

dsojer
    Participant

Enjoying the course so far. He is not boring either. 🙂

D@v!D_J0shu@
    Participant

Waiting for to take this course..!!

OPsecJ
    Participant

Agreed – So far the class is a good intro to malware analysis. I just finished module 4, redid my malware lab server, and fixed some routing/acls – I kept putting off my redesign, as my old setup was still holding up, but the first few modules are common knowledge and the class spawned some motivation.

Thanks for the material

zayud05
    Participant

It’s really worth the wait ,, 🙂 thanks cybrary 😀

bloopie
    Participant

I’ve been fighting malware for a few years now and I’m anxious to take this one…it’s on the wish list!

itjtech
    Participant

this course is next on my list, will give some feedback after i’m done.. Happy with everything else so far!

Chambo
    Participant

Had my head in audit work for what seems like an age, now finally clear and seeing the course is available is a cool surprise – thanks once again Cybrary!

How far into it are you by now heavenraiza (@dsojer)?

– Chambo

OPsecJ
    Participant

^Ill give some feedback when I finish it this weekend. I am half way through and have been too busy to finish, but so far its very good. Big props – For those that are not malware analysts, there is tons of information given. For those that are, its always good to keep sure of your logic and probably learn a few tricks/tips.

The good part about the cybrary classes is that they start from step 1, allowing the basics to be understood by all.

dsojer
    Participant

@chambo — I’m in Module 3. Looking to finish that module tomorrow. 🙂

OPsecJ
    Participant

Just finished the class, and was glad to have taken it. For me, the static analysis section was the part that really got into the weeds, as I was able to brush up on a few parts and take notes.

Sean really put a lot of time into the class, as that is upfront clear. Look at his toolbar clock (he was recording many parts in the early morning hours). Thanks for everything, as this is one of the best classes on cybrary.

Zachery Smith
    Participant

@opsecj Agreed, this has been very enjoyable. I will wrap it up this evening and it has been my favorite so far.

Franck KAMGAING
    Participant

thanks

Strix
    Participant

Great course, but unfortunately it is based on Windows XP. Some tools like Capture BAT won’t work on Windows 7! I hope that Cybrary release a more advanced Malware Analysis Course soon.

812teck
    Participant

@strix – you are correct, but you can find vids on youtube to fill in the blanks. MIT has posted their Fall 2014 Network/Web Security lecture on youtube…24 vids 1+ hours long

You may not get what you want but it does give you what you need…a begining

Thank you Cybrary for this site.

zayud05
    Participant

this will be my next target for learning …

been waiting for so long 😀 .. thanks cybrary

cybermo
    Participant

I plan to take this course later this year.Thanks.

gleighton06
    Participant

Thanks for the post, looking forward to taking this course

Zachery Smith
    Participant

@gleighton06 It is excellent! Enjoy, I have been !

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel