Learning and understanding netflowNetwork Administration

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Network Administration Learning and understanding netflow

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cybermo 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

chemikal
    Participant

Hey y’all,

I don’t know where else to post this kinda question, and googling hasn’t exactly provided me with a definitive answer so much as it has just given my links to pages with tutorials and small explanations.

I’m curious where I can learn Netflow. Is it something that is covered in one of the Cisco exams, CCNA / CCNP etc etc? or is it something thats covered more with servers?

I know that to analyse netflow data you need a netflow collector / analyzer, generally a server or something that will display the data, for example, in my job we use Solarwinds.

I’m looking to understand netflow a little more as my understanding is minimal. I don’t understand how all configurations options work, how different configs effect the data that is displayed, monitored vs unmonitored ports etc etc.

I’m not sure how to verbalise what it is that I’m looking for. I guess I just want to be able to understand netflow enough that I can troubleshoot effectively – whereas at the minute I’m not sure how configuration options affect the data and then theres things such as “long lived flows” and Cache timeouts and all this other stuff.

Hopefuly some knowledgeable soul out there can at least point me in the right direction?

Regards

C~

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  chemikal.

cybermo
    Participant

😀

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Cybrary On The Go

Get the Cybrary app for Android for online and offline viewing of our lessons.

Get it on Google Play

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel