Learning All at OnceSocial Engineering and Manipulation Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses Social Engineering and Manipulation Course Learning All at Once

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  izayakaito 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Deano
    Participant

sooo iv had a quest for knowledge all my life, iv never been able to get enough, cybrary makes my quest more complete…. iv officaly certified in Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CISA, CISP trough a college course, im EC council certificated in CEH and im currently doing CHFI and another Cisco Communications course course, iv nearly completed all the Comptia available courses from A+ to Linux+ …… Im Learning so much but feel like i know so little …..

would it be better to just learn about 1 thing, I mean stick to security and just focus on that or stick to Cisco and just focus on that… or is it good to have an all around education in everything like I am doing..

Hare-Monster
    Participant

Nowadays, I think, it’s better to be an EXPERT in one field. This means you have to go really deep in it, know literally everything about this field if not more. This is my weak point too — I want everything at once. I hope I’ll be able to choose something in the future, to dedicate myself to something. But it doesn’t mean you should be noob in everything else so there should be some kind of balance. This is my opinion about knowledge. Do you agree/disagree? Why?

Deano
    Participant

i do agree like iv qualification out the ass but I dont think i know enough about each subject… maybe i should just stick to CEH and Cisco systems… but dabble a small bit in everything else …

C0RS71N
    Participant

I’ve been told not to get every certification I can, because it could potentially hurt a future interview by showing you may just be a “paper warrior”, great at studying but not at applying. I’d stick to one thing, so for security go for A+, Net+, Sec+, CEH, programming languages, and some other network things, but stay away from the MCSA certs and such like that.

Deano
    Participant

@ C0RS71N yeah that actually makes sense…. I already have tons of certs so i guess i should just focus on them one… but yet i have a craving for more knowledge all the time haha …

thanks

cybermo
    Participant

Good stuff, thanks.

merina567@gmail.com
    Participant

CYbrary is amazing

izayakaito
    Participant

Jack of all trades, master of none

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Cybrary On The Go

Get the Cybrary app for Android for online and offline viewing of our lessons.

Get it on Google Play

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel