Kali Linux not connecting with WifiPenetration Testing

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Penetration Testing Kali Linux not connecting with Wifi

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  0px0 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jimy
    Participant

Hello people,
    I am using Kali linux and I have installed Kali linux in VMWare. I use windows 10. The problem is Kali Linux was running perfectly and I was able to connect it to Wifi. But few days ago I updated my Windows 10 and after that Kali Linux is not connecting with Internet. I use WiFI only. Don’t know what’s happening. Not a single tool is running. If I ping 8.8.8.8 the it is showing some result. But the tools like WHOIS and others simply display that “Server is unreachable”

Please help.

savvygeek
    Participant

Make sure you have a bridged network configuration.

Try running the following command in Kali: service networking restart.

Run ifconfig and, if no interface is shown other than “lo” (loopback), run the following commands:

a) ifconfig eth0 up
    b) dchlient
    If that works, re-run ifconfig and you should now have an IP address.

To make sure you’re connected, run: “ping -c6 google.com” (without quotes).

If the ping returns results, you’re connected, if it says unknown host, it means you’re not.

At the most, reboot your VM.

0px0
    Participant

maybe you can set your adapter wifi to static IP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel