Just passed the N10-006!CompTIA Network+ Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses CompTIA Network+ Course Just passed the N10-006!

This topic contains 33 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  greeksmith 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Author

The Rapture
    Participant

First off, Thank you Cybrary for such great study material and for teaching me the way of the network ninja!
    Anthony Harris did a great job explaining everything, and I couldn’t be happier for it.

I was caught off guard by about 10 or so simulator questions at the beginning. I had no idea that there were questions where I would have to go into a network and configure access points or troubleshoot a network as if I was on a machine using command prompt. With that said, I still passed, and I am so happy that this section of my career is more complete. I initially started off by taking my CEH since I am a new pentester in my company, but two attempts later, I was unable to pass the CEH. This cert gives me the foundation I needed to stand back up and push forward. Now off to Security+ and then the CEH (again). My long term goal is OSCP, and I cant wait to get there!

Thanks everyone for the support!

maglev
    Participant

Coool! how is it? what do you do there? how long have you been studying this??
    ( I just got my A+ last year )

The Rapture
    Participant

@maglev It was a good test. I did not expect the simulations (Although I should have since it clearly states that there are simulations on the website which I didn’t see). The first ten or so questions were simulations, but they sucked up a bunch of time, so be careful if you take it, because time will get away from you quickly. I had to rush to finish the last question with two seconds to spare. As for studying, I have been studying here and there for two months since I had trouble passing my CEH and decided to take a step back and do NEE+ and SEC+. Congrats on your A+! I have a list of resources that I used to help prep for the test if you would like them.

maglev
    Participant

ok sure i’ll gladly look at them, all i’ve been using so far was MM net 005 book(i was going for the 005 but had to stop) and the examcram net 006, but its been four months + since i was studying it so i will probably have to start from the beginning again.

* the MM book although outdated still has some nice examples on OSI stack and syn ack and that kind of stuff.

The Rapture
    Participant

So I really like Skillset.com for practice questions. They have thousands of questions in their bank for all different kinds of tests. NET+, CEH, CISSP, etc.

I personally also used the CompTIA certmaster software that came with my bundle (I failed the CEH twice, so I wanted to be sure I had a backup plan with the NET+, and the bundle comes with a free retake voucher and the certmaster software for like 100 bucks more). With that said, since I had the backup voucher, I felt like I could go into the test and even if I failed the first time, I could take it again. It was really nice to have that confidence and security.

I did not have any books of any kind for the NET+ like I did with the CEH. The only real learning tool I had was Anthony Harris’ videos here on Cybrary. I really liked the videos and they explained a lot of the things that I had trouble with on the CEH, like ARP poisoning, etc. I am very fortunate that my job lets me train during business hours, and that my boss is very knowledgeable in networking.

also, I have a TON of resources here on this forum post if you would like to check them out. They don’t all apply to networking, but security in general. https://www.cybrary.it/forums/topic/my-personal-list-of-itinfosec-links-100/
    I would be happy to get some feedback on that post if you like it. Share it with all your friends if you want, and if you have any additions you would like to make, let me know and I’ll add them to the list! =) Good luck!

NERV
    Participant

So your saying that the only thing you use was the certmaster and the videos here on the site?

Im currently study for the test and taking the test in may. I am currently using the mike all in one network + book but plan on using the certmaster when I get the money.

which tools help you the most also?

sorry for all the questions cause I really want to be prepaired for the test when I walk in there.

The Rapture
    Participant

@nerv Yep, you are mostly right! I used certmaster and Cybrary, but I did also use Skillset.com for more practice questions. I trained and trained there until I was 98% ready for the test (According to their algorithm, anyway). They do have a bunch of really good questions, and even some that are written as well. I really wish they could collaborate with cybrary and bring their questions here since they have so dang many of them.

I really liked the certmaster despite the reviews i read about it. It really was helpful to have some direction and to give me an idea of what kinds of questions might be on the test, although it did not have any simulations like the real test does. I would say though that if you dont have the money to pay for the certmaster, then you are going to be ok. Just review the questions on skillet and cybrary and you will likely be just fine. I wanted to get a little bit more help and also have a backup voucher just as insurance in case I didn’t pass the first time, so it was a no brainer to get the bundle with the certmaster included (it also doesnt hurt when your company is paying for it).

If you finish all of the videos here, and then start taking practice tests, figure out where you need to study more, and go back to cybrary to review the things you are a little rusty on. That’s essentially what I did, and it worked out just fine.

Good luck, and don’t worry, I like helping people, so your questions are just fine!

NERV
    Participant

So was cert master questions just like the real test?

I currently got the cert master and working through it now. And want to know if it worth the time if it nothing like the real test with all the questions.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  NERV.

The Rapture
    Participant

@nerv
    So the certmaster has good questions and they let you know why you were wrong, which is a plus that a lot of skillset problems do not have (people are lazy I guess). The questions on the certmaster and skillset are similar to the ones on the test. I don’t know that they are exactly the same, and I can’t think of any off the top of my head that were the same, but if you know why you were right or wrong on those, you should be fine on the test. Be sure to read why you were wrong on every question, you dont really get the opportunity to go back through EVERY question on the certmaster again. Once you get questions right repeatedly, they don’t show up in the review when you go back. I wanted to clear out all of my answers and start the certmaster over again, but its not possible to do that.

maglev
    Participant

Thanks for the links- have been studying for the NEt+ and finishing a crash into python course

Thanks

Harnoor
    Participant

Great

Kel
    Participant

On the simulations part of the exam, where can I practice or study for it?

Thanks

The Rapture
    Participant

@rquily I have not found any place as of yet that has simulation questions such as the ones on the exam.

Neilt009
    Participant

@the Rapture, yes the sims questions were what kicked my butt. I was self-studying last year for 005, but due to medical things had to stop. I bought the 006 book from CompTia and it was ok, nothing special, and no simulations which shocked me a bit, as it was CompTia’s book. But anyways, will go back over Myers all-in-1 005 book, the videos on here, and look at the skillset.com site you referenced.

The Rapture
    Participant

@nerv How is it going buddy? Did you need any help getting ready for the test? I know you were planning on taking it in may, but I just wanted to check up on you and whatnot.

Technician22
    Participant

That is great to hear congratulations!!!

The Rapture
    Participant

Thanks!

Derek Carlin
    Participant

I actually just passed the Net+ exam myself on the 5th!

The Rapture
    Participant

@shikarublade Congrats! I saw that on twitter just a bit ago. =) I just asked you if you were going for Sec+ next. Its going to be fun. The only part that was nerve racking was the simulations. Let me know if you need any help or want to bounce some questions or ideas off of me.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  The Rapture.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Cybrary On The Go

Get the Cybrary app for Android for online and offline viewing of our lessons.

Get it on Google Play

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel