JTR_Crack Fast not working in MetasploitMetasploit

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses Metasploit JTR_Crack Fast not working in Metasploit

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  bluesman70s 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

bluesman70s
    Participant

Not sure where to post this as I’m still pretty new here. Feel free to move this to the correct forum.

Just wanted to post a question to see if anyone else is having the same issue. I use Kali, and it is fully updated, to work on my skill set with Metasploitable, as I’m sure many do.

The issue I’m running into lately is that the JTR_CRACK_FAST and JTR_LINUX cracks are no longer able to crack simple or complex passwords. When I run them against the hash files I took from the metasploitable machine they never crack anymore.

I know this used to work fine as I used to be able to crack passwords directly in msfconsole. John and Johnny are both able to crack the password files easily on their own run from the terminal or gui.

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Todd (Bluesman70s)

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  bluesman70s. Reason: Moved to Penetration Testing forum

bluesman70s
    Participant

I take it nobody knows then?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel