java or pythonSecure Software Development

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Secure Software Development java or python

This topic contains 20 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  gowtham5 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author

ADIL BOUZIANI
    Participant

How Remaster network programming for protection , What do you advise me between Java and Python

kamalo2080
    Participant

I advise my brother Python language for the networks and the protection they are strong language

per4o
    Participant

Python for network deffinetly!!

Pr0m3th3us
    Participant

Check out this comparison: https://pythonconquerstheuniverse.wordpress.com/2009/10/03/python-java-a-side-by-side-comparison/.

Admittedly, given the site name, it might Be a little biased. 🙂

ADIL BOUZIANI
    Participant

great . thank you

badfilemagic
    Participant

you could always try Jython, which allows you to target the JVM with Python code, and link to libraries written in Java as a result.

Pr0m3th3us
    Participant

True @badfilemagic but Python is so much easier for beginners to understand.

ADIL BOUZIANI
    Participant

Thank you very much for all of these positive responses , I’ll start with the language of Python I find it easy and fun ….

prometheus
    Participant

Its good to go with C followed by java/c# along with scripting languages such as ruby/perl/python as beginner. You get to understand how actually you are programming and different contexts ex:memory allocations for variables, how it actually affects your code and also you will learn to code in a optimized way.. Python becomes so easy when you know strong typed languages such as C/java..well if your only concern or if context limited to network security..python it is….high level language which has high performance/efficiency to less training time.and at the end of the day,you are making system calls to kernel through APIs whose functionality libraries were originally written in C/C++.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  prometheus.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  prometheus.

mateky
    Participant

i think python is better for it, but consider C++ as well..

Ahmed Diab
    Participant

python is easy and extensible

ketzerei84
    Participant

Python > C/C++ – with those under your belt you can fake your way through Java/C#/VBasic and most other languages without too much trouble.

MD Khurshid Alam
    Participant

Why python language is good language for security professional for security job.
    How python can be learn faster, and from which site or book.

ProgrammerE
    Participant

There are many ways to learn python. Python for dummies. Udacity. Code School. However, I suggest Cybrarys python for security professionals as it will suit your purposes better.

romualds
    Participant

Definitely Python. And it’s easy to learn and there are tons of great resources on the web.

BNgacTKD
    Participant

Python sounds like a good thing to learn according to this forum. There’s a python class on cybrary if you guys didn’t know. It’s under the Advanced courses.

gowtham5
    Participant

🙂

GogoTraining
    Participant

Thanks Pr0m3th3us,you shared a very informative link for python.

gowtham5
    Participant

thanks

cybermo
    Participant

?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Cybrary On The Go

Get the Cybrary app for Android for online and offline viewing of our lessons.

Get it on Google Play

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel