ITIL Foundation – How hard is the exam?ITIL Foundation Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses ITIL Foundation Course ITIL Foundation – How hard is the exam?

This topic contains 33 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  cybermo 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Author

OPsecJ
    Participant

I completely skipped over my ITIL Foundation because I assumed it wouldn’t count for much (as this is the easiest of the ITIL exams). For those that have been in the IT world for 6+ years, how much work is needed to study for this exam? Lets say, starting with the cybrary training videos, what would be other needed material? The last thing I want to do is read a dry/long book (like the pmp book). I also saw that there are 3 day classes for this exam…. But is that really necessary? Anybody that has taken the exam please give your input, as I am a comp security professional but want to get this exam knocked out also (I want to stay well rounded). Thanks in advance.

sherwinaval
    Participant

Any reply to this post would be very helpful as I am also currently taking the same path.

smallkidhacker
    Participant

IDK sorry dude but kali linux 🙂

Anonymous

UGAfraz
    Participant

Anyone help me out I also have the same qs How hard is the ITIL Exam?

OPsecJ
    Participant

Seems this exam is basic, if you read over the high level concepts/sections/modules. Knowing how ITIL phrases something (or use one of their million acronyms for for) will help you pass. Also, taking what you have learned in the past, at work, and making sure its really what you “should be doing” … at least so says ITIL, hence it being an ITIL exam.

I really wasn’t planning on getting the cert (taking this class was my total 100% my goal – 2 hours of learning, thanks for the media) but now considering sitting for it, as the material itself makes sense. Many companies do not have the fundamentals (or are lacking important fundamentals) – ITIL has laid out the important basics in the simplest.

Ketil
    Participant

Should not be hard at all if you study 🙂

Zulu-Company
    Participant

So, for those who have taken the exam, and for any who have knowledge; is it true that you can get a basic job with just the ITIL certification alone?

OPsecJ
    Participant

What is the title of this basic job your asking about?

Deano
    Participant

iv been working around tech nearly 18 years since i was a child this being networks and home programming, I started doing a course in networking in college and my head is fried im so lost… yet iv been working with networks since i was a kid…. you gota study study study ….. and even when you pass the exsam you still gota keep studying cause there’s always new stuff and updates

OPsecJ
    Participant

^That doesn’t really say a lot though. If your in a 1.5k+ company, a lot of the procedures are ITIL based. Small companies create their own rules – As the company grows, it gets evolved off ITIL. The foundation of ITIL is the basic structure. Any company that is larger, follows those rules, as a basic practice. They then create special operational procedures because of their sector.

I asked a few people, that come from bigger companies, and they said 50%+ of the exam is related to basic foundational material. Knowing how to answer the “question formatted” questions is the harder part.

Franck KAMGAING
    Participant

thanks for infos

UGAfraz
    Participant

Thanks

thanks

WolfSnap
    Participant

Thanks!

Bshaw
    Participant

When I took it a few years ago there were 42 questions and I got a 36. That was after a 3 day bootcamp. I think the important thing is to grasp the concepts. Good luck I’m sure you’ll do fine if you study it’s straightforward and not deceptive like some vendor tests I know 🙂

RunningMan
    Participant

Have to look at costs also; who’s paying.

MrPointy
    Participant

It’s pretty straightforward to search on Google for a sample ITIL Foundation exam!

http://online.apmg-exams.com/index.aspx?subid=4&masterid=3#

812teck
    Participant

Thanks for the info.

Franck KAMGAING
    Participant

thanks

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Cybrary|0P3N

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel