ITIL Certificate of CompletionITIL Foundation Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses ITIL Foundation Course ITIL Certificate of Completion

This topic contains 37 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  emb021 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author

chazbr
    Participant

Hi

Can i use this certificate to look for for a job?

CybrarySupport

Truthfully, it depends on a number of factors. Some companies or hiring managers may hire on the strength of the ITIL certification alone. Conversely, another company may be looking for the ITIL accompanied by a bachelors degree in Computer Science.

shelly1256
    Participant

I was trying to understand the ITIL certification.
    I am graduating in May with my AAS in Network Admin / Analyst.
    how does the ITIL really works?

Shelly

The certificate and knowledge of the course is very useful, but many companies only thing is that you have sinteresa certification ITIL Foundation v3 and that’s what sells.

The ITIL exam is very cheap you can present at a Prometric center

CybrarySupport

PearsonVue as well

MD NASIM ANSARI
    Participant

nice,this website is very helpful for student
    thanks dude

Proclaimer
    Participant

The ITIL Foundation Exam is great for folks who want to move up in the IT food chain. I opens a world of understanding and a perspective usually only available to management types. If you want to get on with your career or get off of the help desk, ITIL is a good choice.

olaf
    Participant

this is a wonderful website for self learning.

Will Cates
    Participant

I just got my Foundation certificate in March. ITIL, Information Technology Infrastructure Library, is definitely most pertinent to management, but is relevant at all levels of IT, and the organization. I am a Linux Administrator, and I use ITIL to help understand where my role and responsibilities lie in the organization. It basically tells me which cog I am in the giant corporate machine. It is a way for me to prioritize my work. I have very little supervision at work, and I have to make a lot of decisions based on what makes sense. So, ITIL, helps me with that, and can help anyone in IT. It is a framework for IT best practices, essentially. It never goes into the nitty-gritty of how to provision ASM disks for Oracle servers, or how to set up your monitoring system, or anything technical. But it is a great guide on the theory behind infrastructure, and it can give you direction. There are even many tools that are ‘ITIL based’, such as Service Now, with it’s use of Incidents, Problems, Change Control, etc. The Knowledge base and Service Desk are also features that are adherent to ITIL framework. That’s all very much debated amongst the professionals, however. Let me know if you have any questions about any of this.

-Will

Will Cates
    Participant

@chazbr, yes, even the ITIL Foundation cert is useful to find a new job. It really hits home with management. However, you will still need the essential skills of the job on top of this.

chazbr
    Participant

@will Cates Thanks alot man, the info is really helpful.

orldiaz
    Participant

I’m focusing on PMP, is ITIL a competition of PMP or complement one another?
    Thoughts?

muhammad ridwansyah
    Participant

nice

Jason Breining
    Participant

Howdy,

The ITIL certification is actually just beginning to catch the attention of hiring managers when looking to hire IT talent. While the certificate of completion from this site may not help very much in job hunting, obtaining the certificate might possibly do wonders for your resume. I am currently working on studying for mine, along with several other certifications. Best of luck to you.

Jason

vh01
    Participant

Hi!
    Is the Certificate a certified ITIL certificate, or just a provement for that I taken the exam?

nk_vn
    Participant

Hi,

There is a difference between “Certificate of training completion” and the so-called “Industrial certificate”. You get the first one after taking some training, and the second one after passing an official exam. I suppose that most employers will value the industrial exam.

The main purpose of the “Certificate of Completion” is for people with other certificates to have “proof of training” as they can claim CPE (Continuous Professional Education, or similar) credits to maintain these other certifications.

The industrial certificate can be obtained after passing the exam at a Pearson Vue or Prometric. These are exam providers who just test you and send the test results to the certification provider who then issues the industrial certificate. One such certification provider is Exin.

Patoh
    Participant

Just started ITIL foundation course.The materials here are just wow…and its free!!!

Parzival
    Participant

Ive been looking online at the Prometric website and it took me to this….

https://www.exin.com/US/en/certifications/&exam=itil-v3-foundation

When you click book there’s an online option, can we take the test over the net now?

Also one thing, can the Certificate of Completion count towards an employer or do I need to do the test with Prometric as well?

Thanks

PD
    Participant

The certificate provided by Cybrary is not the official certification, you need to go through an official channel should you wish to acquire the Official Certification.

Cybrary Certificates are to show you’ve completed the course, you can always go that one step further and get the official certification. Do them both!

Vic
    Participant

Hi,

So I noticed that the training on here doesn’t include the exam, does anyone know where I can do the exam online? And the cost involved in taking it? I’m currently in Australia and a lot of job adverts are asking for ITIL as part of their criteria.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel