IT security auditing–knowledge shared is knowledge gainedInformation Assurance, Governance, Risk and Compliance

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Information Assurance, Governance, Risk and Compliance IT security auditing–knowledge shared is knowledge gained

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  duduga 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mubarak Basha Shaik
    Participant

Dear Experienced person of IT Security auditing ,

Kindly guide me a path to start and learn IT security auditing practically.I do not find IT security auditing job without experience so i would like to understand and practice myself, wish to work as freelancer after understand completely .

Thanks in advance

smeek
    Participant

Many freelance jobs require certification. Usually these are posted by people outside the field and that is how they vet getting an experienced person.

If you are experienced, take and pass a starting test like maybe Security+. Ongoing learning is a key demand for security and if you dont commit early, you’ll eventually shortchange your clients.

Work towards a specialty (could be vertical like an industry, or a specific type of audit like around HIPAA, around a technology like firewalls or around a specific vendor)

If certified already get involved in CISA, ISACA or CISSP certs and local communities. Might offer to help more senior people on projects at lower rate.

You can supplement knowledge attending top vendor local trainings, usually free.

Read free materials from associations like CIS Security, Cloud Security Alliance, OWASP,  SANS Institute and so forth.

Paypal me my 2% when there. 😉

Mubarak Basha Shaik
    Participant

Dear,

Thanks a lot for suggestios

rajminpanchal
    Participant

Hi There,

I am looking forward to implement auditing strategy in my organization to prepare them for ISO 27001 qualified so is it possible for anyone to share me those Checklist where I can prepare myself to apply those strategy manually as well as using fewer tools like for VA and Network Auditing / Network Inventory etc..!!

Requested information should be helpful for me in future advancement and sharpen my skills within ISO 27001 Implementation planning.

Thanks,
    Rajmin Panchal

deepika_sundar
    Participant

Hi all,

Is it necessary to know programming languages when you are interested in working on the IS process audits.
    Please suggest some courses on this site that can help us gain knowledge for IS Audit jobs. What are the legal compliance standards we should be aware of?

Thanks
    Deepika

duduga
    Participant

Dear,

Thanks a lot for suggestions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel