ISACA Cybersecurity FundamentalsCompTIA Security+ Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses CompTIA Security+ Course ISACA Cybersecurity Fundamentals

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Rid786 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dojan
    Participant

Hi,

I want to start on the security field and was thinking about Security+, but since I am a SysAdmin and have no experience with sec or network, I confess I’m a little worried about failing the exam. I work and my college classes will start again in a couple weeks, so I wont have enough time to prepare for it. CompTIA cert costs 300 dollars and they’re quite expensive in Brazil now.

Has anyone heard about the ISACA Cybersecurity Fundamentals certification? It seems it was created in 2014, seems easier as it is aimed for entry level professionals and people willing to do a career change, and also costs half the price of the Sec+.

Is it worth taking this exam?

812teck
    Participant

This is a new entry level cert from ISACA that hasn’t gain much traction. Their other cert are know through out the industry.

habibkhan
    Participant

ISACA are an internationally recognised association. In the Infosec field ISACA is best known for its CISM certification which recently reached 30,000.

Another entry level cert ISACA recently introduced is the CSX Practitioner certification, which assesses skills via a performance-based exam. If your looking for a learning path into Infosec the CSX can be a helpful program.

cisatrainee1
    Participant

I would have to say that if one is starting Information Security, that the CompTIA Security+ certification is the starting route to go. I would say that for the moment, it is more recognized than CSX Practitioner certification. If one want further ISACA related certifications, training, and membership, it might not be a bad idea to get one’s foot in the door first with an employer who is training oriented and will assist in covering the cost with ISACA items; after awhile it does get up in price, especially if one does not have ISACA membership….

FiveSpeedF150
    Participant

I’m actually using the Cybrary Sec+ stuff to study for CSX now, since my employer sponsored CSX. I think CSX is more geared to auditors, etc. If I could only pick one to launch a career in security I’d be looking at Sec+, if for no other reason than name recognition alone.

Edit: Also note that other posters are mentioning CSX-P. If you factor the cost of CSX plus the CSX-P, Sec+ doesn’t look so expensive anymore.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  FiveSpeedF150. Reason: Added a line RE: CSX vs. CSX-P

The Rapture
    Participant

Here is another thing to consider. CompTIA sells the Sec+ Bundle for $386US which includes:
    CompTIA CertMaster for Security+
    CompTIA Security+ Exam Voucher
    FREE CompTIA Security+ Exam Voucher Retake

I did this bundle for the Net+ and was very happy with it. I really felt more confident when I went in to take the test just because of the fact that I could retake it if I failed. Just something to consider anyway.

FiveSpeedF150
    Participant

Good point, Rapture. I plan to take advantage of the Sec+ package after CSX. It’s a good deal, and I figure with the CSX study I’ve already done I may as well do Sec+.

Rid786
    Participant

where i can find the the course material of ISACA Cybersecurity Fundamentals?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Cybrary On The Go

Get the Cybrary app for Android for online and offline viewing of our lessons.

Get it on Google Play

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel