Is this certificate valid???Computer and Hacking Forensics Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses Computer and Hacking Forensics Course Is this certificate valid???

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dylan 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Victor Johnson
    Participant

is cybarary certificate valid????will i get a job???

Victor Johnson
    Participant

please anybody tell me???

Kenny
    Participant

No you will not get a job based solely on any one certificate. The value of any cert is the cert authority that monitors for baseline quality and how its materials relate to what the consumer or industry has for standards.

next is how visible is the cert to whatever discipline you are pursuing. For example. A cisco certified network associate(CCNA) is more valuable to a company who is hiring for a Networking position…its regulated,updated and has brand recognition. It’s value is also higher then other certification authorities like CompTia for its increased and proprietary difficulty.

Now as for the certs that are offered here in Cybrary, They are MUCH! cheaper however they lack the recognition and 3rd party regulated content and to my knowledge are not updated annually to account for changes in the field. You can take these certs for your resume but if your looking at technical work you will need to let Human Resources and whomever interviews you that although you don’t meet ” X ” required cert you have knowledge and someone else verifying your knowledge in topics covered in said cert… if you get that far for human eyes to read your resume… a lot of company’s filter by keywords, IF they filter by the keyword CCNA then you might have problems.

That being said !

Cybrary really shines though as offering a basic ideology and principles into a few IT fields and continues to grow. Just because right now the certs are not as valuable, doesn’t attest to your knowledge base… anyone can pass a test, not to many people can or are willing to put in the work for it. Learn as much as you can, build on your knowledge and make sure you branch out so your not pigeonholed later.

Dylan
    Participant

I agree, I think these Certs are more of a complement to any existing Vendor etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel