Is CEH attainable for a student without industry experience.?Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking Course Is CEH attainable for a student without industry experience.?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  NKPoonia 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

raju
    Participant

Hi,
    I am a masters student in information security. I am looking at my options of doing CEH. I was wondering if it is possible for someone without any industry experience to be a CEH.? I am not talking about the certification prerequisites but the actual load. I recently did my CCNA by myself and was wondering if a self study approach would be feasible for this certification as well.?

Peterpanusa
    Participant

It takes time and practice, doesn’t matter how much knowledge you acquire you will need to add practice and then you will begin to feel you are getting to the right path

Anonymous

@peterpanusa is right, you’ll need practice if you wanna do CEH.. the industry experience only count for the prerequisites.

Sourangshu Pal
    Participant

Yes u can do it…i have done it in 3rd semester in BE..the prerequistes are quite basics

bjacharya
    Participant

Lots of Hard Work. Lots of practice. Any1 can do it. 🙂

Chambo
    Participant

Anything is possible with hard work, practice and a healthy amount of determination.
    If you want it, go for it! 🙂

Sharan
    Participant

Which Certification has the best demand in market similar to CEH ?

raju
    Participant

Thanks guys for the replies.

raju
    Participant

I enquired about this stuff from my professors and some industry contacts I have. They are asking me to go for either OSCP or CREST. But both of these are top level certifications and bloody hard to get through. So I’ve made up my mind to take time and gradually work towards OSCP.

Abhishek Singh
    Participant

I Want To Do CEH Can I..But I Am An Non- Technical Student

Kn1ghtM@r3
    Participant

Would you recommend self study or formal training?

Akash Raghav M
    Participant

I’m 18 yrs old and in my experience I think you can easily complete CEH with interest , dedication and hard work. Persistence is a must to succeed .

— xMidnightSnowx

Thomas Land
    Participant

CEH is pretty basic stuff, that being said you will still have to have some practical experience with the material to succeed. A fair number of questions ask about specific tools or types of scans with nmap, you need some familiarity with a broad range of topics. You can gain these skills in labs setup at home with virtual machines if you can afford or do not have time to go to official training.

Chambo
    Participant

Further to my earlier comment, I’m with @xmidnightsnowx on this one – go for it! 🙂

NKPoonia
    Participant

Hi guys i read almost all the comments but still i am not clear is it mandatory to have a valid experience cart of 2 years in IT field or official CEH training.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel