IP RangeNetwork Administration

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Network Administration IP Range

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Prashant Kumar Dey 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Prashant Kumar Dey
    Participant

As per my assignment, I have been writing a bash script to obtain ip address from the log file and then convert them into their geological location. But the question states a tricky term that I have to investigate the ip from any host in the 172.30.1/24 network.
    I am bit confused about what he wants to say with 172.30.1/24
    24 being the CIDR number I guess. So as per me the ip range should be from 172.30.1.0 – 172.30.1.255
    But this is not the answer. Can anyone explain me what this means? If you want I can post the exact question with the log file and also along with the solution.

Paul Rouk
    Participant

It looks like you have the IP address range correct, but if the question is asking about finding the locations for IP addresses in the 172.30.1.x range, then that is probably what you need to figure out. I think the link below will be relevant to your problem.

https://www.arin.net/knowledge/address_filters.html

Nikhil
    Participant

Thanks

Prashant Kumar Dey
    Participant

Thank you for your time guys! I just solved that. The ip range was indeed from 172.30.1.0 to 172.30.1.255. I was just making mistake in some other stuffs due to which I was not getting the answer.

porkchop5
    Participant

Do you want to share? It sounds interesting to me. What course are you in? Is it on here? I want to learn to write scripts for IT. Can you write them to configure and deploy servers?

Shoaib
    Spectator

Hi

Shoaib
    Spectator

Hello

Prashant Kumar Dey
    Participant

Hi! Yeah, I can help you guys to write the script. Just let me know what are you interested in. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel