How to make Hyperion exe work in Kali?The Break Room

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums The Break Room How to make Hyperion exe work in Kali?

This topic contains 42 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Lalit
    Participant

Downloaded Hyperion 1.2 from http://nullsecurity.net/tools/binary.html. Anyone know how to make it executable so it can work with wine in order to encrypt payload? (No exe is included in downloaded files like in previous version 1.0)

How does MinGW works in Kali to compile?

Hyperion Version 1.2

Any help would be great.

Doktor Frankenstein
    Participant

You want to run a PE-Crypter that runs in the windows command line, in Linux with MinGW that is a development environment for windows? haha. 🙂

Lalit
    Participant

That does work i guess until it was Hyperion 1.0 (ref. from Penetration Testing by Georgia Wieldman and few other reference books), it was then executable but now there is no executable and no script and no instructions in README files of 1.2 so i am stuck as i don’t know how to make it to exe.

I saw executable in Veil evasion set but it is not binding properly and show errors while encrypting.

Any help would be useful.

The Data Shark
    Participant

1. sudo apt-get update

2. sudo apt-get install mingw-w64
    The above code is to install a 64/32 bit Ming compiler on the latest version of Kali which is Kali 2016.

apt-get install mingw32
    The above code is to install Ming 32 bit on older versions of Kali.

The gitHub link for Hyperion-1.0 provided in Georgia Weidman’s book of Penetration Testing is obsolete, hence it’ll show a 404 error. Instead use the below code to install Hyperion-1.2

3. wget https://github.com/nullsecuritynet/tools/raw/master/binary/hyperion/release/Hyperion-1.2.zip
    The above code is to download Hyperion-1.2 to the root directory.

4. unzip Hyperion-1.2.zip
    The above code is to unzip the archive.

5. i686-w64-mingw32-c++ Hyperion-1.2/Src/Crypter/*.cpp -o hyperion.exe
    To compile Hyperion using Ming Cross Compiler.

Note: The above code is suitable for installing in Kali 2016 version only. It may not work in older versions.

i686-w64-mingw32

Replace this part of the code with the file name that’s shown in the directory root/usr
    (or) try the below code if you’re using older Kali versions.

i586-mingw32msvc-c++ Hyperion-1.0/Src/Crypter/*.cpp -o hyperion.exe

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  The Data Shark. Reason: For a better look and understanding

Antuan007
    Participant

wow thx

HackDan88
    Participant

I’m following the Penetration Testing book by Georgia Weidman and needed the updated versions of what she suggests in her book; I searched for hours and then changed how I searched and boom: this is EXACTLY what I needed. And when I saw it was in Cybrary, I thought, “of course it is :)” I’m very appreciative of everything Cybrary. I’ll be flexing some CompTIA certs in the near furture thanks to your training. (sorry for the tangent)

Doktor Frankenstein
    Participant

Oh noo paradox loop the world will now end ….. LoL.

a1234123123231
    Participant

@gestapa step6. how to encrypt payload with hyperion?

qasimsaeed
    Participant

@a123412312323 i am using kali linux 64 bit architecture .. n your given command isnot working for hyperion 1.2 .. plz help me

sdfgfdssdfg
    Participant

Im having the same problem. I can install fine but the exe won’t encrypt anything. It will just apear to have run and exit.

skynett1000
    Participant

Please advise!

root@kali:~# i586-w64-mingw32-c++ Hyperion-1.2/Src/Crypter/*.cpp -o hyperion.exebash: i586-w64-mingw32-c++: command not found

skipp3r
    Participant

I’ve been reading this book called Penetration Testing and I ran into a problem with one of the steps.

i686-w64-mingw32-c++ Hyperion-1.2/Src/Crypter/*.cpp -o hyperion.exe
    i686-w64-mingw32-c++: error: Hyperion-1.2/Src/Crypter/*.cpp: No such file or directory
    i686-w64-mingw32-c++: fatal error: no input files
    compilation terminated.

I see the file. What am I doing wrong?

skipp3r
    Participant

try i686-w64-mingw32-c++ Hyperion-1.2/Src/Crypter/*.cpp -o hyperion.exe

youre using the 32bit code for a 64bit

breuermar
    Participant

I never got hyperion to work with Kali 2.0 64-bit system. I use Hyperion 1.0 with 32-bit virtual Kali Box 1.x.
    Who has the same issues? Who can explain why?

seano
    Participant

awesome thks

5n1p3r
    Participant

Worked perfectly .. thanks 🙂

KCTurk
    Participant

Thank you so much!!

bakerclassic
    Participant

Thank you gestapo!

f.alshaghdali
    Participant

Very good post, it is done with me but how can I verify that hyperion 1.2 has been installed successfully without facing issues in the future.

akku065
    Participant

THANKU

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel