How to find below answers?Network Administration

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Network Administration How to find below answers?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chin_Diesel 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

VINAY
    Participant

I was given pcap and answers also available in online – but I was expecting better answer than the below link.
    https://www.aldeid.com/wiki/Network-forensics/Puzzle4#What_was_the_IP_address_of_the_Windows_system_he_found.3F

If anyone could explain Q5,Q6,Q7 other than the given explanation in this site – I am very thankful.
    Please make sure your answer to be precise to question and your way of approach and explanation helps to understand better.
    -Thanks advance

5. What was the IP address of the Windows system he found?

6. What TCP ports were open on the Windows system? (Please list the decimal numbers from lowest to highest.)

7.What was the name of the tool ANONYMOUS used to port scan? How can you tell? Can you reconstruct the output from the tool; roughly the way ANONYMOUS would have seen it?

VINAY
    Participant

I want to upload the pcap file for analyzing, but unable to upload here.

Chin_Diesel

I took a quick peek at the link you posted, and when you see port 135 and 139 open, that’s almost a dead giveaway that you’re looking at a windows box. So, if you were loking at some info and that showed a system responding on those ports, that would be your answer to questions 5 and 6. If youre doing some port scanning, I’m guessing the tool used was something like nmap, since thats pretty common, but thats just a guess. I didnt see the actual output of the tool used.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel