how to be an admin???Network Administration

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Network Administration how to be an admin???

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  smeek 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Victor Johnson
    Participant

please tell me how to become an system admin

smeek
    Participant

Walk before run. Start working on learning tech like around CompTIA A+, Network+, Server+ or similar. Lots of free stuff online.

Find a local IT service provider and ask for Help Desk or L1 job. Might also check school districts as they usually need people.

Work hard/learn hard and the rest is up to you. I have spoken to 100s of people who SAY they want to grow but never do the work. Unfortunately, it takes work. I read books and earned almost all my certs on my own reading after-hours. I have met several people doing similar things over the years and almost all of them earned the right to become a sysadmin and enabled themselves to do meaningful and fun work (whatever it was to them).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel